[BUG REPORT] Fatal Frame 1 [NTSC]
Gentleman: So you got by the "VU1 memory overflow" problem?
I'm currently getting this and this time it doesn't look there's an easy way out Tongue2

Sponsored links

Does it happen in some specific point in the game?? I'm gonna check this out now and see what happens. Report soon.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Yeah, basically after you get the tape recorder. Just go on to the next cutscene and it'll die.
Ok Rama, if you were refering to the memory overflow in that Ghost cutscene right next to the videotape cutscene, where the game hangs after showing two memory overflow messages, I found a way to bypass it. Before going into that cutscene, save the game into the memory card, close the emulator and load a new fresh saved game. Then you go to that cutscene and the game will not hang.

It seems the memory overflow errors are cumulative, cause into the videotape cutscene I get one memory overflow error, but the game do not hang, but going to the next cutscene right after it makes the game hang. But if you save the game into the MC before going into it and load a fresh data with a clean reading that scene will not hang.

Also I got a message that is new to me after passing that cutscene... It's called "2D packet buffer half-over" Maybe this will give some light into this matter.. I hope so.

Here's a pic:

Found an issue on the creppy woman ghost cutscene. This cutscene crashs as well if a fresh data is not loaded from the memory card right before it. Note that there are some graphical glitches on the cutscene too that looks like black lines dividing the screen.

Those tests were made in R.618

Pic:

Well, that is bad news actually. If loading a fresh save makes it work, then our not handling the vifcommand the game
wants to do makes it screw up later.
It could be filling VU1 memory, hence the message.

I'm afraid that can't be fixed without taking care of the unknown vifcommand first (very hard to do) :/
Well, guess it is a problem that must be fixed on it's root. Too bad. Anyway, at least the mixed screen problems are fixed. And it's not all cutscenes that crashes. There are some that can be handled, so it might be possible to make it through the end, with some loads.

At least we can do some experiments with it and search for weird stuff the emulator is doing or things the emulator is not doing Smile

Emu details:
Version: r676-pg VTLB
GFX plugin: GSDX895(MSVC15.00 SSE3)0.1.14
Sound Plugin: ZeroSPU2 0.4.6
CPU settings: EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec,VU Recs/Frame limiting

System:
CPU: E5200 (no oc)
GFX: 6600

some issue still exist:
1. many white dot around the ghost
2. hang if skip CG (occasionally)
3. lost some graphic (such as blue light) when attach ghost
4. there maybe some other graphic errors
5. how about Fatal frame 2 or 3? Smile
Core 2 Duo E5200 @ 2.5Ghz /ATI HD5770 /2GB RAM 800 @ 1066Mhz /Asus P5QL /Windows XP SP3
Is the vifcommand issue fixed ?? I dunno why you posted bugs that everyone is already aware of.

maybe some issue rama does not aware of itSmile
Do all the issues caused by vifcommand??
and you said the mixed screen problem fixed, but it is still exist.
Core 2 Duo E5200 @ 2.5Ghz /ATI HD5770 /2GB RAM 800 @ 1066Mhz /Asus P5QL /Windows XP SP3