[BUG REPORT] Fatal Frame 1 [NTSC]
# Playground version: official playground release 1.0.0395 (and latest compiled Vtlb .exe R. 581)
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Plug-ins: GSdx 0.1.14, PP Spu2 ghz rev. 483, Linuz/PP ISO CDVD 0.8.0.

Description:
Me and Rama were working on this game in Ngemu for a while so I'll try and make a resume from what happened so far.

Ok guys. I decided to test Fatal Frame 1 on Playground Vtlb Version and I was able to play it til the end using round mode chop. It seems that in the official Pcsx2 the game hangs all the time, so I decided to give it a shot on playground.

The problem is that the game is literally "haunted" by all kinds of bugs, so I'm going to list em all here and post some screen shots.

Graphical issues: The game presents many graphical errors, specially when taking ghost pictures. The screen gets all mixed with colors, really ****ed up.

Another graphical issue are the ghosts, ghost places and the water. You can see a lot of small dots around the ghosts and that happens also to the water and haunted places where you have to take pictures..

Text issue: Sometimes the letters disappears from the text box, specially on the save screen.

To finish, there are times when the noise effects on the screen gets messed by some lines, it looks like it is dividing the screen.

Sound issues: Sometimes while playing I lost the sound effects, only the BGM remained. To get the sound effects back it was needed to save the game and reload from the memory card. Reloading from a saved state won't fix the problem.

Emulation issues: Random freezes, random crashes.

Door bug: (sometimes I had to squeeze the character to get past doors, it seemed there was a invisible wall in front of open doors)

Cutscenes issues(some cutscenes makes the emulator crash, so in those it is needed to skip by pressing start).

Console error: All the time the console keeps showing an error called DMA trans Error.

We have figured it out that the DMA error is triggered after any cutscene in the game and then it stays there forever unless you load a saved game from the memory card. Also this same DMA error is the cause for the crazy screen error when taking pictures with the camera inside the game and the missing text on dialogue boxes.

Right now Rama is working in fixing this Dma error. He should know more about it.

Here is a dump to get into the area with the DMA error, skip the movies cause I didn't dumped them:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a013f34/...l_Frame_7z

I think that's all... I'm gonna put pictures with some bugs too.

[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Sponsored links

Seems like a prime candidate for investigation. We'll see what we can do.

EDIT: just keep in mind, we do what we can but generally we try more to improve the emulator as a whole than to fix single games. Still, seems like a game to investigate
Nevermind it was a miss test. They just crash if not skipped ;P

Try using the latest svn (if you can). I included the VIFcommand hack and a dirty hack for MTGS crashes along with it Tongue2
Good Rama, the first cutscenes aren't crashing anymore but when you get to the cutscene where you find the tape recorder the emulator crashes. I tested on SVN 609. Also a new error shows up in the console.

Here's a dump to get to this cutscene, load it with the memorycard file I'm adding. Just follow the ghost in the 1st floor and you will get to the closet where the tape recorder is.

I dumped the cutscenes so you don't need to skip it. Watch em, they are 3 cutscenes in sequence, it will show some errors and in the end it will crash.

Memory card:
.7z   Mcd001.7z (Size: 524,31 KB / Downloads: 490)

This is the closet you need to find in the dump:

Edited. No dumps posting please, they aren't legal
Ok. Anyway, this is the weird message the console is showing: Unknown SVU micromode opcode called

Ok, I tested it on rev.610, no more crashs after the video tape cutscene. Great job. I'll make a whole play through and see if everything else is alright these days. Thanks.

Hm, does those fixes compatible with Fatal Frame 2? Tongue
Nope, both Fatal Frame 2 and 3 goes to a black screen after choosing New game. You can get ingame with a memory card save but you lose the audio whenever any voice is supposed to happen and it goes to a black screen whenever you come across with a cutscene/movie.

It seems the emulator doesn't recognize it's audio/movie code, or something like that. I'm not a coder, so that's only an assumption. Lates.