[BUG] Tales Of Destiny : Director's Cut [NTSC]
  • Playground version : all version till 0.9.6
  • Cpu options : all combinaison
  • Plugin : Gdsx 0.1.4 / PEOPS SPU2 1.9.0 / SSSPSXPAD 1.7.0 / linuz/pg iso cddvd 0.8.0 (same problem with lilypad, zerogs)
  • The character is stuck when i go to another area, however the game isn t freezed, i can go in the menus, put pause, the music is still on, it s just the character that is stuck and cannot move. I got the same bug with another save and also in Tales of destiny remake(not director cut).
  • To reproduce the bug : get the memcard : memcard, load the save0 (it s an ingame save without a savepoint so it ll work only one time) and move down until next area, then you re stuck.
  • screen :
    [Image: tod-dc-stuck.jpg]
Nneeve seems to have find where the bug could come from :
(03-08-2009, 02:27 PM)Nneeve Wrote: I was trying to fix this bug (character getting stuck at that point) correctly, but no go. It seems to be a problem with FPU's MUL instruction - it returns an incorrect result in some cases. The PS2's FPU MUL uses a (possibly modified) booth algorithm with wallace trees. Obviously, it discards some bits during some stages, causing inexact results. I've been able to replicate it a bit but not enough to get ToD past the point.
It can be hackfixed by substracting one from the mantissa (if it's not 0) after multiplication. Obviously this will break other things, possibly even within ToD.

edit : fixed. Check the appropriate gamefix, in the gamefixes section.

Sponsored links

I get errors with it going between loading screens and loading movies. It just randomly seems to stop loading.

I get a ton of dyna_block discards running on the console so those errors could be related to that. On the brightside the latest svn fixed the black flashing screen in the beginning but that wasn't a big error.

Using cdvd Iso .0.8.0
SPU2ghz 1.9.0
Lilypad 0.9.8
Gsxd r405 0.1.14
You need to tell us if it's PAL or NTSC. And edit the title too to reflect that
It was only ever released in Japan so it's NTSC. Though I did run your save and get the same error. So it seems to be a bug. Though the character can turn just not move.
yes it s ntsc thx for editing the title Krakatos ~
By the way with a savegame after this point the game is still full playable so it s looks it s only this area that blocks the character ^^;
Did you try playing around with the Advanced settings? Toggling Denormals are Zero and Flush to Zero, using better or worse clamping modes and changing the rounding mode?
It looks like it could be related to these settings.
(02-10-2009, 11:21 PM)Nneeve Wrote: Did you try playing around with the Advanced settings? Toggling Denormals are Zero and Flush to Zero, using better or worse clamping modes and changing the rounding mode?
It looks like it could be related to these settings.

yes i changed these value and it s still the same. I also tested down to pcsx 0.9.3 (or was it .2) where these wasn t any of these option and i still got stucked at the same place ~
It seems to be a bug related to the movement bounding box.

Oh question xplo. Do you have trouble with it randomly hanging on loads and movies or is that my config specific?
(02-11-2009, 12:13 AM)dralor Wrote: It seems to be a bug related to the movement bounding box.

Oh question xplo. Do you have trouble with it randomly hanging on loads and movies or is that my config specific?

i mostly played this game on pcsx 0.9.5 but yes the movie(like in tod2) aren t working so you have to skip them so the game doesnt hang in the next loading.
Yeah I get a lot a of random hangs at loading screens though which it sounds like you're not getting as they seem to happen within 10 mins and make it pretty much unplayable. I'll try a few things to see if it fixes it. Well it seems SPU2ghz is as fualt. Should of known from the sound dropping. ZeroSPU2 seemed to be working well until it locked up entering the skills menu.