Backup of PS2 memory cards
Hi everyone, I need to extract my PS2 memory card saves, I have a slim PS2 whose model number is SCPH-70004 and a fat PS2 whose number is SCPH-30004.
They're not modded and I have neither swap magic disc nor FMCB card. Is it possible to do it ?
If not, can I find swap magic for free and put it in a disc ?

I always find videos that explain how to mod the ps2 and all, but I ONLY want to backup my memory cards.

Sponsored links

"Modding the ps2" goes hand in hand with that.
You need a way to run homebrew on your console, and an FMCB card is the way to do it.
Ebay one!
(11-25-2019, 08:04 PM)rama Wrote: "Modding the ps2" goes hand in hand with that.
You need a way to run homebrew on your console, and an FMCB card is the way to do it.
Ebay one!
Okay, my two PS2 are compatible with modding ? because the model numbers don't seem to match with the numbers I saw on the internet.
Both of your PS2's are compatible with FMCB.
You have a PAL PS2 and there are two versions of FMCB(I don't know which one you will find in ebay)

The SCPH-????"4" in the name,means Europe\PAL

1.A version that is only compatible with certain region PS2s
2.A version that is compatible with every PS2 regardless of the region

But it was really long time ago since I check anything FMCB related...maybe they update it to work on any PS2(except those SCPH-9000? with date code 8C(I think) and newer)

Check this page
http://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1248
(11-25-2019, 10:02 PM)vsub Wrote: Both of your PS2's are compatible with FMCB.
You have a PAL PS2 and there are two versions of FMCB(I don't know which one you will find in ebay)

The SCPH-????"4" in the name,means Europe\PAL

1.A version that is only compatible with certain region PS2s
2.A version that is compatible with every PS2 regardless of the region

But it was really long time ago since I check anything FMCB related...maybe they update it to work on any PS2(except those SCPH-9000? with date code 8C(I think) and newer)

Check this page
http://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1248
Thanks for your answer
Vsub:
You're right. It's possible to create an FMCB card that will only work on the correct region of PS2.
So it's indeed best to buy an FMCB card from the same country. PAL is basically all of Europe and Australia.

Generally, all PS2 consoles except the very last revision are FMCB compatible.
Probably 90% of them.

And the FMCB card can be created multi regional, which is what I would do if I sold them on Ebay.

Hexa:
And if you worry about modifying your console, don't.
If you take out the memory card, the console is 100% back to stock.