Bad BIOS dump?
Hey guys!

Long ago I dumped my PS2 (SCPH-70004) BIOS with BIOS Dumper 2.0

When I use my dump in PCSX2 (ver. 1.5.0-dev-3322 - compiled on Dec. 2 2019) the System Configuration menu says that my Unit is Unknown and the DVD Player version doesn't appear at all... in fact when I try to Full Boot a game (with Plugin or dumped ISO) I go straight to the Browser, unable to boot the game (but Fast Boot works).

I tested with another SCPH-70004 BIOS and the System Configuration correctly displays "Unit SCPH-70004" and "DVD Player 3.10E".

[Image: zVGRpye.png]

Do I have a bad dump? How can I check that is bad?

Oh and, the emulator log says that I don't have ROM1, ROM2 and EROM files, while the other dump has them.

I know it's useless my question but I want to know if I have a bad dump and why the System Version says Unit Unknown.

Thank you Smile

EDIT: Oh I add what files I got from BIOS Dumper:

1 .bat file

1 .mec file

2 .nvm files

1 .diff file

1 .rom0 file

1 .rom1 file

1 .inf file

I'm missing rom2 and erom...

Soo... I found out what was the problem.

One NVM file (I think this file contains several PS2 information like Language, DVD version etc.).

I deleted one of the NVM I got from the dumper and now I see correctly all information in System Menu but still I can't Full Boot a game or start the game from Browser (only fast boot)

Still, I don't have ROM2 and EROM unfortunately.

Sponsored links

Personally I never liked nor had success with V2 of the BIOS dumper. I have a v1.6 BIOS (a 3xxxx series serial number) so maybe the V2 BIOS dumper isn't intended for it (maybe only for the slims?), but at least in my case V1 dumper was flawless and properly dumped the NVM and ROM2, the whole nine yards.

I should also add that aside from looking nice and properly printing the console's identification in the system configuration, there really is no advantage to having any of the files other than the main bin, so as long as that dumped correctly you should be okay to run games.
(12-06-2019, 12:54 AM)pandubz Wrote: Personally I never liked nor had success with V2 of the BIOS dumper. I have a v1.6 BIOS (a 3xxxx series serial number) so maybe the V2 BIOS dumper isn't intended for it (maybe only for the slims?), but at least in my case V1 dumper was flawless and properly dumped the NVM and ROM2, the whole nine yards.

I should also add that aside from looking nice and properly printing the console's identification in the system configuration, there really is no advantage to having any of the files other than the main bin, so as long as that dumped correctly you should be okay to run games.

Hi pandubz and thank you for your help!

Can I run BIOS Dumper under uLaunchElf or at least does exist a software for dumping PS2 Bios with uLaunchElf?
Thank you Smile
If you can run uLaunchELF,that means you can also run the dumper.
I also used the V1 dumper and everything went fine(the problem was that there was no indication at all that something was happening for the next 4 minutes since I start it(it's good to use a flash drive that have activity indicator))

I also used the v2 dumper and it also went fine,pcsx2 was able to use it
I have SCPH-50004 which is not a slim.