Bad Graphics!
(04-24-2014, 11:23 PM)IlMaster Wrote: Even if I have 60 fps, I have visible framerate decreases ( sound becames horrible for 1/3 seconds and game lags a lot)..

This sounds like the VU cycle stealing speedhack. What speedhack-settings do you use?

Sponsored links

What can I do?
that's more than weird since you didn't seem to use speedhacks except MTVU according to your screenshots.
Did you try without any speedhack ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
why delete my post?! mods?!
(04-24-2014, 10:51 PM)IlMaster Wrote: Hi everyone!
ps. i'm italian.

I Had issues with slow fps but it seems to be solved now ( I have changed some settings following some tutorials) , but real problem now is when I play silent hill 4: the room..
Fps are always 59/60, but the graphics looks very bad, with very poor textures!

My laptop specs: Intel core i5 2.4 Ghz up to 3.0 Ghz with turbo boost.
Ram 8 Gb ddr3
Nvdia gt540m 2gb
HDD 1000 gb
Windows 7 with 64 bit.

(04-24-2014, 11:23 PM)IlMaster Wrote: This is an example!
When I Was Playing 10 minutes ago, I also had graphics problem/glitches i don't know how you call them, but lots of little white squares began to appear in game in a cutscene! like a bug!

I have an other problem, sometimes, Even if I have 60 fps, I have visible framerate decreases ( sound becames horrible for 1/3 seconds and game lags a lot)..

Please help me ):

(04-24-2014, 11:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: those textures look normal to me.
Launch the game on your PS2 and make a comparison, you'll see.

About the framerate drop, did you set your windows power plan to high performance ?
about the custcene "bug", did you try pressing F9 ?

(04-25-2014, 12:06 AM)IlMaster Wrote: EE: 15 GS: 6..

this is stupid, lol, next time please search internet first before you post:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=373299&page=5

try to config your pcsx2 setting once again///
[Image: 27yydfc.jpg]
[Image: 33x9bmt.jpg]
[Image: 2i9knsm.jpg]

mods please do not delete my post, ok>
(04-25-2014, 10:35 AM)sh2dc Wrote: this is stupid, lol
That doesn't sound helpful.

Also please keep in mind that in the pictures you posted 6x native and SweetFX was used...

(04-25-2014, 10:35 AM)sh2dc Wrote: try to config your pcsx2 setting once again///

maybe you can tell him how to do it?
you don't like the poor textures? you playing without texture filter. then enable it. does fxaa really do something then. what hardware hacks are you using? are they really necessary? are they doing glitches? i'm not sure what is needed for the game. try without any hacks first. try 8-bit textures. try automatic gamefixes. i dunno if there's fixes already.

white pixel appearing in cutscenes? this could be fog particles that would render filtered on the real console. you'd need that filter there. about performance issues this is whether a temporary loading part or too much to draw. you can always try to bump up the vu cycle stealing or lower the resolution if it's too slow overall.
(04-25-2014, 12:04 PM)willkuer Wrote: That doesn't sound helpful.

Also please keep in mind that in the pictures you posted 6x native and SweetFX was used...

maybe you can tell him how to do it?

(04-25-2014, 01:28 PM)dabore Wrote: you don't like the poor textures? you playing without texture filter. then enable it. does fxaa really do something then. what hardware hacks are you using? are they really necessary? are they doing glitches. i'm not sure what is needed for the game. white pixel appearing in cutscenes? this could be fog particles that would render filtered on the real console. you'd need that filter there. about performance issues this is whether the loading part or too much to draw. you can always try to bump up the vu cycle stealing or lower the resolution.

guys, please check out this one....
"The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488899‎

please check "page 7 Boulotaur2024's post"
work for silent hill 2/3/4
@sh2dc what the heck. the op is asking for general fixes. no sweet hack graphics. first things first. you one step too far. Wink
I had deleted it because as you said, it was stupid to recommend sweetfx before even knowing how to configure pcsx2 itself.
But well, if you insist...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go