Bad gpu rendering
Sad 
Hi, I am trying to get Ratchet and Clank to work on my pc, but my graphic card is producing garbage at medium distance from the camera. These are my pc specs:

GPU: XFX Radeon R9 290 (4 GB DDR5, 980mhz core)
CPU: i5-2400 @3100MHz
RAM: 8GB dual channel @1333

These are my PCSX2 settings:

Video: GSdx 0 avx 0.1.16
Renderer: D3D11 (Hardware)
Interlacing: Auto
Res: Native
No shade boost, FXAA or Shaders
HW hacks(No msaa,no skipdraw,no stencil,no Nvidia hack,no disable crc),Anisotropic@8x

Emulation: Speedhacks enables without EE cyclerate and cycle stealing. No game fixes. Other settings left at default.

Problem: Texture glitches occur at medium to high distance, but loads fully when camera near it. This only happens in hardware mode, as software mode renders perfect, but incredibly slow

Tried: Other versions of renderers, switching off log z, different resolutions, different interlacing, no filtering, no hw hacks, d3d9, switching off speedhacks

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/0wrbD#1 Player fully rendered, object with bad texture
http://imgur.com/a/0wrbD#2 Player with bad texture when distant from camera, object rendered correctly
http://imgur.com/a/0wrbD#0 Example of random broken textures

Sponsored links

It's normal. PCSX2 can't emulate mipmapping, a technology that's responsible for swapping textures with lower quality versions at increasing distances, and so it returns garbage textures for anything that isn't close.

Either you live with it, or play in software mode. You can toggle it with F9. Make sure the extra rendering threads in GSdx is set to 3. Your CPU should be able to handle it no problem I think, but if not, some speedhacks may help if you're not already using them.
(01-19-2015, 03:44 PM)Coornio Wrote: It's normal. PCSX2 can't emulate mipmapping, a technology that's responsible for swapping textures with lower quality versions at increasing distances, and so it returns garbage textures for anything that isn't close.

Either you live with it, or play in software mode. You can toggle it with F9. Make sure the extra rendering threads in GSdx is set to 3. Your CPU should be able to handle it no problem I think, but if not, some speedhacks may help if you're not already using them.

I will try to fiddle around the speedhacks for my software mode, but it runs very slow. I had no problem with rayman revolution, although I forgot if I actually used software or hardware...
If you still run slow in software mode and the speedhacks don't help much, i'm afraid the only way would be to play in hardware mode with the glitchy textures Tongue
(01-19-2015, 03:52 PM)thecaraddict Wrote: I will try to fiddle around the speedhacks for my software mode, but it runs very slow. I had no problem with rayman revolution, although I forgot if I actually used software or hardware...
Did you set the extra rendering threads to 3 as coornio said ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
That cpu is on the weak side for ratchet and clank. You will always have slowdowns unless you upgrade
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]