Baldur's gate: Dark alliance REALLY laggy
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but baldurs gate runs really laggy. Ive tried running dx11 and 9, both software mode(dx11 seems to render best) and I have the 4 GB ram patch(that helped loading times) when theres stuff going on, and flames(loading screen...) it KILLS the fps. on big pan shots it runs about 8 fps and loading screen sometimes runs 4 fps.

Im running version 1.2.1
PC stats:
AMD A8 elite quadcore 5545m(1.7 Ghz)... thought it was 2.7...
Radeon HD 8510G
6gb

after looking at my clock speed... is that it? I know that epsx2 cant utelize more than 2 cores...

First ill look at clocking, but other than that, do you fellas see any other problems?

Just let me know if you want any more pc info, and just a quick last question, any idea what i can overclock my CPU and GPU to?

Sponsored links

Your laptop is too weak for a game like this
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Moving to general discussion and support.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
For a speed boost bump EE and VU cycle stealing up 1 notch on both. And yeah your PC is really to weak for the snowblind engine games.
(12-20-2014, 04:36 AM)Topken Wrote: For a speed boost bump EE and VU cycle stealing up 1 notch on both. And yeah your PC is really to weak for the snowblind engine games.

I have both up all the way right now, sorry forgot to mention that. And thanks for the move, sorry about posting in the wrong place.

Do you think ffx will run ok?
Pop your FFX PS2 DVD in and give a try.
then report back
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-20-2014, 10:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Pop your FFX PS2 DVD in and give a try.
then report back

Will do. Dumb of me to ask, I should have just tried :facepalm: