Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance?
Thanks man. So save states won't transfer? Memory card saves do? There is a virtual memory card in this program? So I should save in game to a memory card also?

And its still saying something about I installed it as a portable version and is asking for a bunch of folders..I switch to documents mode and then it says I should delete the ini file. No idea what that means...

As far as Baldurs, I hope someone who got it working sees this post to help both of us. Again someone has to of got it to work as it is on the list recently.

Sponsored links

You can indeed do an internal save (as you would via a real memory card). You can delete the blank default memory card in the new pcsx2 and copy over your other memory card files.

Regarding the folders issue, it shouldn't be asking for any other folders other than whats in your svn version folder. But anyway, the ini file contains your various settings in a printable format. Just go in the ini directory in the path is says and delete it.

Without seeing exactly what's going on I am having a hard time visualizing what it's telling you to do.
I hope this is not off-topic. I also wanted to play this via the PCSX2 emulator, but encountered insurmountable graphical glitches. So I tried the game on the Gamecube emulator (Dolphin) and it works fine there. I suggest you try it too if you have the option.
what insurmountable graphical glitches? as long as you are using a recent SVN and have the exe patched with the 4gb patch (you might need 64bit windows for this to have any effect) it works perfectly.

oh and you have to be in software mode to fix the half screen bug ;p admittedly its a little slow but it works.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-27-2013, 03:19 PM)refraction Wrote: what insurmountable graphical glitches? as long as you are using a recent SVN and have the exe patched with the 4gb patch (you might need 64bit windows for this to have any effect) it works perfectly.

oh and you have to be in software mode to fix the half screen bug ;p admittedly its a little slow but it works.

I am getting the half screen glitch and it will not start...

I am lost here however, what do you mean the exe patch with the 4gb patch? I do have 64 bit windows though. Please explain what you mean by patches, I am very new to this. thanks.
okay so you need to be running a recent SVN build which you can get from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
patch the pcsx2.exe with the patch program from here: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
then make sure gsdx is set to "Software Renderer" (DirectX 10/11 preferred if your card supports it), set "Extra rendering threads" as the bottom of the GSDX config to 3 if you have a quad core, or 1 if you have a dual core.
then play!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-27-2013, 07:33 PM)refraction Wrote: okay so you need to be running a recent SVN build which you can get from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
patch the pcsx2.exe with the patch program from here: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
then make sure gsdx is set to "Software Renderer" (DirectX 10/11 preferred if your card supports it), set "Extra rendering threads" as the bottom of the GSDX config to 3 if you have a quad core, or 1 if you have a dual core.
then play!

Well that worked, however I am getting 5fps...That program is interesting though. Can you use that for other games made for 32 bit? Like games off steam and etc....such as DMC or Far Cry 3?

Even the games that have been running well I have been running into issues the more I play them. For example Dark Cloud 2 and Devil Summoner 2...When you get into open spaces in towns you gets considerable slow down. Is this normal? In Devil Summoner 2 I also get a weird opaque white square on the top half of the screen...I get exactly the same results whether I run the games in native resolution or 1080p. No difference whatsoever, so that leads me to believe hardware is not the issue but perhaps I am not doing something right.

My specs are as followed. It is a Mac Pro desktop running Win 7 Sp 1...2 Intel Xeon 2.8GHZ quad core processors, so total of "8 cores." Ati Radeon 5770 1gb of vram. It is the mac version so I believe it is tuned a bit higher then the pc one... and 10 gb of ram.

Are my specs just not good enough or is this emulator still working itself out?...Is there a way to tap both my processors so I get double the power?
(01-27-2013, 03:19 PM)refraction Wrote: what insurmountable graphical glitches? as long as you are using a recent SVN and have the exe patched with the 4gb patch (you might need 64bit windows for this to have any effect) it works perfectly.

With all due respect - and I do respect the people who put their hard work into this project - that's too much hassle for making just one game work. As opposed to just launching the game (the Gamecube version that is) in Dolphin and it works instantly.
(01-27-2013, 10:26 PM)Bangawasawa Wrote: With all due respect - and I do respect the people who put their hard work into this project - that's too much hassle for making just one game work. As opposed to just launching the game (the Gamecube version that is) in Dolphin and it works instantly.

That's because making one game to work is not the better way to make the whole emulation consistent.

There were many cases around the net of "versions" of PCSX2 able to run determined games. These "versions" almost always broke everything else.

Finally, there is no sense comparing emulators for different systems. Would, maybe, make some sense if you compared PCSX2 with another PS2 emulator.

Edit: The goal is enhancing PCSX2 accuracy, not trying to make it a patchwork.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Well, the method worked better on Norrath then it did on Baldurs gate. I get like 40 fps in software mode but it looks and plays poorly... In hardware mode half the screen is glitched. Is there anyway to fix that? Because it runs great in hardware mode aside from that...