Baldurs Gate - Dark Alliance settings (too slow)
(09-28-2015, 05:43 PM)Mooglux Wrote: Here are some screenshots. Updating to the new Beta Driver didn't help Sad

Btw, my pcsx2 git build is from 2015/09/11

http://mars.workupload.com/image/7Q5di8g9
http://mars.workupload.com/image/T8Hf3PT8

What about areas other than the tavern? I think it's slow there for everyone.

You might want to try a lower resolution since this game uses supersampling even on the ps2. That might help with performance a bit.

Sponsored links

The problem is not necessarily your pc or pcsx2. It is more or less the architecture difference between ps2 and pc. The snowblind engine does some really funny stuff which is hard to emulate. I think a comparable nvidia card would have the same issues. Probably there will be no driver update anywhere in the future that could improve the situation with the current code. For these games pcsx2 (or the gs plugin) would need a completely different approach to run on 'weak' hardware.
Hey guys,

I got myself a new PC and i'm setting up everything, so i did a little bit of performance testing on games that didn't run well before.
I'm trying Baldurs Gate - Dark Alliance 2 now and i'm getting awful performance. (speedhacks + MTVU)
Right at the beginning, i get ~35fps when using OpenGL. (EE at ~20% VU at ~60%)

Fun fact, it doesn't matter if i use native resolution or 4x resolution. Always about 35fps.

Also no change in fps when i use Blending Accuracy High or Basic.

When i disable MTVU i get ~45fps.

When i disable all speedhacks i have 45-50 fps (even better?).

So MTVU is a real fps killer for this game.

With Directx11 plugin, i get almost constant 50fps. (I'll go with that)

Fun fact, with my new processor i get constant 50fps in Hardware mode... lol
so hardware mode works best for me, but i'll prefer the better graphics directx has to offer.
I've tried playing Dark Alliance and didn't have any slow downs or any issues with it but I am running on a really good rig so I'm not sure if that'd be the reason why.
I think a general rule of thumb is that ee and vu should be together larger or close to 100%, that ee is the larger one of both and that vu hardly goes above 50% otherwise one should really check if mtvu helps. The first one seems logical the last two are due to experience and potentially subjective/biased/related to the systems I used.
I am sorry to bump but I really want to play this game...

I am having the same Slowdown issues with these current specs

Windows 10 x64
16GB DDR3 RAM
Intel 4770k 3.5ghz Quad
Z85 Motherboard
Nvidia 970 x2 SLI (Disabled on PCSX2, just one card)

I am currently using v1.3.1 in GIT.
I am seeing you need a good PC to render this game, but I can render 4k resolution on current games so I am hoping my PC is strong enough?
Play it on your ps2 if you want zero slowdown for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-26-2015, 08:24 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Play it on your ps2 if you want zero slowdown for now

It works much better on Software X16 rendering threads; got it figured out. Thanks anyway though....
Quote:Play it on your ps2 if you want zero slowdown for now

is not very helpful...

On softwaremode it runs fullspeed for me too, but it looks the same as on the ps2 and the reason i use the emulator over the ps2 is the graphical enhancements it offers. (And of course to no have yet another console in the living room... PC, PS4, PS3, Dreamcast and wii u is enough Laugh)

@Deyadissa: try DirectX 11 HW renderer and reducing the settings, and play around with the speed hacks. Haven't played much further but it seems it's much better outside the tavern.
(12-26-2015, 08:55 PM)Deyadissa Wrote: It works much better on Software X16 rendering threads; got it figured out. Thanks anyway though....

16 threads on a quad-core CPU. Makes sense. Well as long as it works for ya.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)