Baldurs Gate issues with opening Scene
So im trying to emulate Baldurs gate but i can not get through the first scene and I was wondering how to set up my graphics.

Specs-
Intel® Core™ i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80GHz
32.0 GB ram
GeForce GTX 680M

Sponsored links

Try using software mode during the scenes. You can do this by pushing F9. You can also push F9 again to switch it back to hardware.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
If you're talking about baldur's gate : dark alliance, it will only work on latest svns, in software mode.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
and only with the 4gb patch applied otherwise its going to slow way down and have many missing textures and even then its still going to slow down at least it does on my i5 3570k @4ghz
I'm wondering why this game requires so much memory. The actual PS2 has only 32 MB of memory but it requires 4 GB of memory to play on PC?
A problem with the texture cache causes it to need far too much memory.
In short: It's buggy, sorry Tongue2
(05-21-2013, 09:09 AM)rama Wrote: A problem with the texture cache causes it to need far too much memory.
In short: It's buggy, sorry Tongue2

Thanks for the information. Smile Is there any plan to fix this? Just in case in the future if I want to play this game. I'm using a 32-bit Windows and don't want to patch my OS.

Apart from this game, are there other games that require 4 GB of memory as well?
So far it is just the snowblind games that require you to patch PCSX2 with the 4gb patch so that it can use more memory
Google "3gb switch windows xp" that will give you an extra 1gb of ram to play with when using the 4gb patch on 32bit
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Is it dangerous to use 4 GB patch? Is there any side effect?