Baldurs Gate settings
(11-15-2022, 08:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [Image: 1668493544-snap-screen-20221115072233.png]

I see, now i get why i didn't found back that option..  That box is greyed out in my config !!!  And there's no way to turn it on!!  Even though, manual hardware renderer fixes is enabled, and i have changed the renderer numerous times aswell.  From opengl, wich is my preffered and fastest renderer atm btw, to Direct 3D12 or 3D11.  But doesn"t matter, the box stay's greyed out... Must be an Intel Cpu and/or Nvidia gpu feature i guess...
Since my entire system is build from AMD hardware Rolleyes

Thanks anyway javalin for the suggestion Happy

Oh well, most games i have played thusfar emulates at 100% from A-Z, Start to finish Tongue Rolleyes (no slowdowns anywhere)
And in weLL polished 3x upscaled graphics too noless Tongue

I don't feel bad about this, BG plays for 99% at 101% speed toO  Smile , apart from some specific locations (like some spots in vilages the speed suffers too, not only dungeons Sad )
But it plays very nice in the MOST IMPORTANT & → Fighting arena's Ninja 

And thats ↑ another thing that i have noticed over time (years), usually the more NPC's in game the slower emulation !!
Now that seems to be an thing of the past, wich leads me to believe there still may be some lil room for further optimazations IMO Tongue2

cheers,
TD

Sponsored links

(11-15-2022, 06:08 PM)ToiletDuck Wrote: I see, now i get why i didn't found back that option..  That box is greyed out in my config !!!  And there's no way to turn it on!!

It's only available in the Per-game settings, not global.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-15-2022, 06:37 PM)refraction Wrote: It's only available in the Per-game settings, not global.

Oh.. is that so?

Whats is the setting called ingame ?  Or do you mean, that greyed out setting = game "Title" depended ?

I'll check that settings running other games, and see what it does to the performance.

Thanks for the info,
TD
Right click on your game ->properties
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-15-2022, 07:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Right click on your game ->properties

Cool ↑ Tthat is the setting that FIXED this issue → Completely.  No more slowdowns = 100% emu so far everywhere Tongue

although, very minor graphics glitch pops up.  But fortunately the glitches ocures in spots that doesn't destracts playgame
like campfires / portals (see pic ↓)
[Image: glitch.png]

I"ve should have know, some settings are only applicable and available before loading the game.

Just one more thing, is there an setting to prevent pscx2 to change the desktops refresh rate from 165hz to 60hz when going borderless fullscreen all the time ?
The only way to achieve that is to play in fullscreen → windowed! But, i rather don't have any menu/taskbar borders arround my playground Smile

cheers,
TD
(11-15-2022, 08:29 PM)ToiletDuck Wrote: Just one more thing, is there an setting to prevent pscx2 to change the desktops refresh rate from 165hz to 60hz when going borderless fullscreen all the time ?
The only way to achieve that is to play in fullscreen → windowed! But, i rather don't have any menu/taskbar borders arround my playground Smile
disable vsync ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-15-2022, 11:04 PM)jesalvein Wrote: disable vsync ?

I"ve checked that too, and Vsync wos already turned of in pscx2 , that isn't it! 

i've tried to add pcsx2 to amd center to config the app over there, and enabled VSYNC OFF → always for that app. 
But that didn't work aswell?

No, pscx is very persistant about that!!  Once going into fullscreen borderless mode, it changes my desktop refresh from 165hz to 60 all the time..
its annoying to revert refresh rate alway's after done playing Glare

Though, when playing in fullscreen window mode the high refresh rate doesn't affect 60/50hz game play in pcsx2 in any way wotsoever..
So, why would pcsx2 make an big deal of that in borderless mode !!??

But thanks anyway javalin for the suggestion Smile

Major Big Update:

to anyone who has an RSR (radeon super resolution feature) capable GPU card, → USE IT Smile

I'have added pcsx2 to amd utility center and changed the RSR settings to upscale 1080p to 1440p.
And ↑THAT↑ seems to have solved the refresh rate issue i had with pcsx2 changing desktop refresh rate from 165hz down to 60hz !!

Not only that, but the games in pcsx2 play SUPERFLUID SMOOTH @165HZ IMO Laugh  .. UNREAL Tongue  , further more in addition to that you get all the nice feautres amd has to offer like enhance vsync, sharpener etc .. Tongue   The graphics are just dumbfound godlike good now Blink

All that while retaining the very same performance → 100% emu Smile

Works on the playstation One emulator like an charm too Smile

Can't get any better than this IMO Tongue 

cheers,
TD