Bandicam vs FRAPS for PCSX2
(10-17-2014, 12:52 PM)planetps2 Wrote: When you record your PCSX2 gameplay with Shadowplay, do you use the "desktop capture" option to record PCSX2?

Uh.....yeah, how else would I have been able to upload videos of PCSX2 on my YouTube channel? Laugh Why do you ask?
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio

Sponsored links

(10-17-2014, 05:32 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: Uh.....yeah, how else would I have been able to upload videos of PCSX2 on my YouTube channel? Laugh Why do you ask?

I'm asking because I do not have that option when I run ShadowPlay. I managed to get ShadowPlay working very well for normal PC games, but since I don't have that "desktop capture" checkbox in the Preferences section. I did some research and apparently that checkbox only appears when running on certain NVidia chipsets / drivers. So as of now I am not able to record PCSX2 with ShadowPlay without that option. (or any PC game that only have "windowed" full screen like PCSX2) Any suggestions?
Bandicam. MSI afterburner.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-17-2014, 06:58 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Bandicam. MSI afterburner.

What is better for recording PCSX2 : Bandicam or MSI Afterburner? Do you suggest using the shadowplay codec plugin in MSI afterburner? Last night I updated my NVidia drivers (did a clean install) before testing out shadowplay, and now Bandicam seems to be working better after that clean install of new NVidia drivers. Then I installed GeForce Experience and got Shadowplay to work. Like I said it works great for PC games, but I would like to get Shadowplay to record PCSX2 if possible, as that records at a better quality than Bandicam. I'm wondering if there is a way to force Shadowplay to use that "desktop capture" option.
(10-17-2014, 06:55 PM)planetps2 Wrote: I'm asking because I do not have that option when I run ShadowPlay. I managed to get ShadowPlay working very well for normal PC games, but since I don't have that "desktop capture" checkbox in the Preferences section. I did some research and apparently that checkbox only appears when running on certain NVidia chipsets / drivers. So as of now I am not able to record PCSX2 with ShadowPlay without that option. (or any PC game that only have "windowed" full screen like PCSX2) Any suggestions?

It is up to date correct? The most recent version should already enable it just fine, update the drivers to 344.11, which is the most recent, I don't know why you can't capture the desktop. Avoid FRAPS as it is a resource hog.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
(10-17-2014, 07:11 PM)planetps2 Wrote: What is better for recording PCSX2 : Bandicam or MSI Afterburner? Do you suggest using the shadowplay codec plugin in MSI afterburner? Last night I updated my NVidia drivers (did a clean install) before testing out shadowplay, and now Bandicam seems to be working better after that clean install of new NVidia drivers. Then I installed GeForce Experience and got Shadowplay to work. Like I said it works great for PC games, but I would like to get Shadowplay to record PCSX2 if possible, as that records at a better quality than Bandicam. I'm wondering if there is a way to force Shadowplay to use that "desktop capture" option.

Bandicam would be my choice, but I've never used MSI afterburner(for recording, I use it for OC) so I can't speak to it. With the Shadowplay plugin it might be your best bet.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-17-2014, 07:12 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: It is up to date correct? The most recent version should already enable it just fine, update the drivers to 344.11, which is the most recent, I don't know why you can't capture the desktop. Avoid FRAPS as it is a resource hog.

Yeah I'm running 344.11 64-bit drivers and GeForce Experience 2.1.3. After doing some research, apparently that "desktop capture" option only appears in Shadowbox preferences if you have a recent "desktop computer" NVidia chipset or something.

I am running an ASUS gaming notebook with a supported GeForce GTX. This machine is more than capable of recording at 60 FPS, but due to how Shadowplay was designed that option doesn't come up automatically when running on this chipset. I'm thinking though that there might be some way to force that option to come up if it doesn't come up automatically.