Banning people
Hello,

I have a favour to ask. Can you please turn this forum into a closed community?

Its really annoying people post 1 time asking a question and it turns to be they're using a downloaded game without owning the original one. It seems to be that a warning doesn't even bother them.

You could use invites and a shoutbox. That would sort out the trash---

EDIT: I know I dont have 2k+ post-counts, but Im looking into this forum every day, since it was opened.
Windows 7 Ultimate x64|Intel Core2Quad Q9550 4Ghz|6GB Kingston HyperX Memory 1066 (2x 1GB + 2x 2GB)|XFX GTX285 BE (729/1548/1404)|XFX nForce780i SLI

Sponsored links

That's not a solution. They don't care about the warning but if they get 2 more they're banned anyway...We won't support piracy but as long as people don't admit to it, we are covered and that's what we're trying to do with these rules.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
And believe me,a warning in some cases is really anoying(my case),Specially for the fact that they never dissapear O.o
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
What would be the point of a support forum that's a closed community?

There are quite a few people that join who pirate, but there are a good portion of people who are honest and just need help. Just do a forum search for bios dumping alone and you'll turn up quite a few threads from obviously legit people... and you can't assume every new member who joins without a bios dumping problem is a pirate.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-02-2009, 06:56 PM)Koji Wrote: What would be the point of a support forum that's a closed community?

There are quite a few people that join who pirate, but there are a good portion of people who are honest and just need help. Just do a forum search for bios dumping alone and you'll turn up quite a few threads from obviously legit people... and you can't assume every new member who joins without a bios dumping problem is a pirate.

+1 Smile
pretty much asking for this forum to use Dolphin's rule of banning Tongue, which i just disagree on (and they still get alot of visitors xD)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Dolphin's forum aren't a closed community (I know, not even a month ago I made an account there).

That said, I find dolphin's community and support lacking anyways... They seem to be much more combative and often insulting. It's harder to give accurate bug reports there as well since there are 12 different people who build copies of the emulator with different hacks and spam up the forum... So any other things that could bring us to a similar spot as them I'd avoid.
[Image: 2748844.png]