Be So Kind as to Configure My Rig
So I've got my fair share of technical experience, but this is starting to elude me. What would you recommend as a full configuration to run Kingdom Hearts, using 0.9.5?
  • AMD 9100e Phenom Quad-Core 1.8 GHz
  • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD3200
  • Vista Home Premium 64-bit (Service Pack 1, should I upgrade to the Service Pack 2 beta?)
  • 6GB of DDR2 RAM
  • PCSX2 0.9.5 (should I run pcsx2tsvn377.exe or pcsx2svn377.exe?)

I was trying to use ZeroGS, but Kingdom Hearts is running ultra-slow. And thus, the point of this thread:

1. What would be a good configuration for the best performance?
2. How do you frame-skip / VUskip?

Thanks, by the way.

Sponsored links

(02-08-2009, 11:43 PM)Codename Mozart Wrote: So I've got my fair share of technical experience, but this is starting to elude me. What would you recommend as a full configuration to run Kingdom Hearts, using 0.9.5?
  • AMD 9100e Phenom Quad-Core 1.8 GHz----Good but pcsx2 does not support 4 cores yet but still works fine.
  • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD3200----Good
  • Vista Home Premium 64-bit (Service Pack 1, should I upgrade to the Service Pack 2 beta?)---Good(upgrade to SP2 it's up to you =D)
  • 6GB of DDR2 RAM----That's too much
  • PCSX2 0.9.5 (should I run pcsx2tsvn377.exe or pcsx2svn377.exe?)---Obselete(it's not commonly use anymore!!) Get the PG-beta

I was trying to use ZeroGS, but Kingdom Hearts is running ultra-slow. And thus, the point of this thread:

1. What would be a good configuration for the best performance?
2. How do you frame-skip / VUskip?

Thanks, by the way.

*you should the PG-beta 708
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2731.html
*i don't have KH1 let's wait for other members reply.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
As mentioned get the beta!

Use the recompilers, Denormals are Zero, Flush to Zero, GSDX with DirectX 10 ( requires at least Vista ), MTGS Mode

Frame Skip won't bring you much extra frames - most of the time 1-2.
If you plan to use VU-Skip ( it can break games and is choppy ) set Consecutive Frames bevore / to skip to 2.

I don't know if any of the speed hacks breaks KH1, never tried it. But they have the tendency to break most games - or at least cause glitches.

And don't expect full speed all the time, certain scenes might run slow with only 1,8 GHz.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
Alright, so I got the Playground beta, but I can't run the Kingdom Hearts .ISO file. I click "Run CD/DVD" and the PS2 home screen starts to run, but then it crashes with the usual error message: "pcsx2pg-svn708.exe has stopped working". Thoughts?
By the way,
here are my configurations at the moment.

Sorry for the double-post; it's meant to be a bump also.
You are using very old GSDX.Use new one
Also your CPU is weak.PCSX2 is using only 2 cores.
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
That graphics card is weaker than the CPU. It's the IGP of the AMD 780G chipset.

You should try to run the emulation at 640x480 using native internal resolution in order to get the maximum performance while you are adjusting other parameters.

About Kingdom Hearts, I'm not sure about how is running this game but you are talking about PCSX2 pg when your configuration screenshot is showing PCSX2 no-pg. Maybe you should make a fresh instalation to avoid strange issues.

- Download & unzip the PCSX2 Playground v1.0.0395 package into a new folder
- Download & unzip the latest PCSX2 Playground beta into the same folder
- Download & unzip the latest GSdx into the 'plugin' folder of the emulator
- Copy your bios image into the 'bios' folder
- Run the latest beta executable and then configure the emulator: GSdx SSE2 DX10 @640x480 w/native, MGTS mode enabled, speed hacks enabled, choose the ISO image in the Linuzappz plugin... and cross the fingers Rolleyes

Oh, and the latest thing. Your graphics card use shared memory with the main RAM so check you have assigned al least 256MB to optimal graphical performance. More than 256MB could be useless.
Oh, my bad for posting the 0.9.5 config. Here's the PG beta config at the moment, which doesn't seem to be working.

Help me out here:
If my native resolution is 1280 x 1024, wouldn't I be better off running at 640 x 480?

What/where can I run ISOs from the Linuzappz plugin?

Apologies for my incompetence, mate, and thanks for helping.
Try and read the stickied guides.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
Oh, well, that helped. So it works great now, save for one little bug - the title screen stays in place, but I'm not complaining. Now, while we're still on the same tree limb, is there any frame-accelerator, to just fast-forward everything?