Best CPU & Rig for PCSX2
Hi there, I'm Miranda, I'm a 21-year old girl originally from the UK, and I overheard someone talking about pcsx2, and figured I'd try it out.

I've been trying to get this thing to work for a while, and I was successful in running Final Fantasy 10 smoothly with few problems at 1080p.

When trying to run Final Fantasy 10-2 however, I ran into a lot of general slowdown overall.

These are my current rig's specifications:

I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit Ultimate edition)
AMD Phenom™ X4 955 Processor @ 3.20 GHz
8.00 GB DDR3 Ram
XFX Ati 5850 Graphics Card, I think it's at 1gb.. something.

From what I understand, PCSX2 doesn't utilize Quad-Core processors, is there a plan to? If not, will I have to overclock my processor?

Testicles, that is all.

Sponsored links

You can use the latest SVN builds and enable the MTVU hack to take advantage of a 3rd core: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
That said, FFX-2 is not that demanding, except for the videos (which are only a couple throughout the whole game). You could just watch the videos in youtube and skip them in the emulator, gameplay should run fairly well with your PC.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
for multi core processors you can try the newer SVN builds found here - http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php and enable the MTVU speedhack, which could see a performance increase
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
w/ FFX on your rig it will run smoothly w/ no problems
but FFX-2 is quite demanding and known exploit FMV bug you might experience there.
best to show us your pcsx2 settings...set GSdx to native might help out the speed.

a quad-core user shall try also this 1st aside from 0.9.8
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Why three members have recommended MTVU at the same time Huh

and Bositman remember now we have HW mode and Speedhacks not on benchmarks Wink
A girl playing console games? I have heard of no such thing before. In my country the girls usually play the kiddy Audition Online (a music game) and some stupid casual Flash-based web games that I never care of.

Final Fantasy 10 does not support progressive scan mode, so it can only be 1080i, not 1080p. The progressive scan mode does increase the sharpness a little and eliminates the slight blur encountered in interlaced mode.

Your 5850 GPU is overkill, but CPU is not sufficient for some games. PCSX2 hates AMD you know. But for most of the game, you do not need to overclock your CPU. If you still want to, you need to study overclocking carefully. I'm a programmer but I failed my first overclocking - the system was completely hang (perhaps I'm a noob in hardware stuff Sad). I decide to never do it again. I'm afraid I'll fry everything before I success on a new PC.

PCSX2 programmers always say that they have no plan to support quad-core processor and the result is not worth the effort. But recently one of them (Cottonvibes) commited a new version that supports the 3rd core, which is the MTVU mentioned above. You'd better not ask them, because they shall say their old answer. They seem to have a habit of keeping some sorta secret until it is ready to be released Tongue.
I Have Same CPU as you, but an On board 4200HD GPU and 4GB Ram

I would Recommend the New SVN Build of PCSX2, It genuinely boost FPS with all my Games.

I Dont have FFX to test (i swapped it for RE Code Veronica X Hehe ), since im not an RPG kind of guy
(09-04-2011, 03:42 PM)abdo123 Wrote: Why three members have recommended MTVU at the same time Huh

and Bositman remember now we have HW mode and Speedhacks not on benchmarks Wink

Check the time stamps, they all posted within the same timeframe, probably all typing at the same time with Bositman's expert typing speed winning out.

As for girl's not playing console games... o_O What decade are you from? Or are you from one of those European nations that still considers 'gamer' to be a dirty word?
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-05-2011, 12:47 AM)Koji Wrote: Check the time stamps, they all posted within the same timeframe, probably all typing at the same time with Bositman's expert typing speed winning out.

As for girl's not playing console games... o_O What decade are you from? Or are you from one of those European nations that still considers 'gamer' to be a dirty word?

mice one Koji Tongue

but yeah it is confusing
@livy pcsx2 dont hate amd, rama do :x with that phenom plus the new hack she can play many games w/o hickups.

ps ok rama dont hate amd, only squall :x
joking.....

way offtopic: wow amazing, a gal post and sudenly everyone came to answer >_>