Best CPU & Rig for PCSX2
Or somebody who knows how to get fast answers online ^^

I'm actually Paris Hilton by the way.
<REDACTED>

Sponsored links

(09-04-2011, 06:05 PM)Livy Wrote: A girl playing console games?

Oh noes! It's the end of the universe!!!

Quote:PCSX2 programmers always say that they have no plan to support quad-core processor and the result is not worth the effort.

There were plans and they tried to do it a few times before but there where always problems or bad performance results, devs always said it would require a lot of rewrites and not to wait for it anytime soon. It did take a lot of rewrites for the threaded VU1 as cotton mentioned in the blog (MTGS, mVU, newgif) and it's not quite quad-core support yet anyway if you wanna take it like that Tongue2 (if you want to get using all 4 cores you'd had to use more threads in GSdx Software Mode but that's been the same for some time ago anyway).

Quote:They seem to have a habit of keeping some sorta secret until it is ready to be released Tongue.

Actually MTVU wasn't so secret and it was like a 2 weeks project by cotton (If you don't take in count all the other rewrites and time in between), now that new gif unit took much longer and he almost gave up on it in the middle Tongue2

It depends more on the Dev about keeping it secret or not, we've seen other branches that began and saw progress in the SVN and then just died and went forgotten, when cotton made microVU it was a branch at first if i remember correctly, until it got integrated in trunk and this time with newgif and MTVU he only committed changes when they were ready (which I would guess it was more about having all as a big change to get +100 score Tongue2 but was probably not to deal with branches and merges Tongue2).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-05-2011, 06:28 AM)ecchiless Wrote: way offtopic: wow amazing, a gal post and sudenly everyone came to answer >_>
Not saying the TC is lying, but many people on the internet pose as girls for that exact reason (sad but true).
2500K | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | Antec HCG-620 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Corsair 500R case | Win7 64-bit
Next upgrades: GPU & CPU Cooler + Overclock!
I have intel E 8400 @ 4.0 Ghz ( overclocked ) and I gain performance in some games. Never had problems with FF series, but Tekken Tag is slow as hell, no idea why.
Offtopic: I am interested how PCSX2 will be optimized for 4 cores. That means multithreading on 4 cores? Separate what exactly? And how do you intend to do it ( devels )?
(04-14-2013, 09:44 PM)heatblazer Wrote: I have intel E 8400 @ 4.0 Ghz ( overclocked ) and I gain performance in some games. Never had problems with FF series, but Tekken Tag is slow as hell, no idea why.
Offtopic: I am interested how PCSX2 will be optimized for 4 cores. That means multithreading on 4 cores? Separate what exactly? And how do you intend to do it ( devels )?

You kind of bumped an old topic, a year and a half old.

I don't think PCSX2 team has any plans to split multithreading any more, and there is likely very little left to be gained if it was attempted. The more parts you split off onto seperate threads, the more extra work has to be done to maintain sync. The extra overhead will probably be enough to dissuade any attempts anytime soon, and by the point that someone may have the spare time to devote to what's essentially another speed hack versus compatibility improvements, computers will have advanced enough that it will be even less of an issue than it is currently.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I'm pretty sure for the latest PCSX2 you can enable a game fix for FFX-2 to switch to software mode automatically when a FMV plays so that way your computer won't be strain trying to run the FMV in FFX-2..correct me if I am wrong though.
AMD Phenom II 960T X4 @ 3.0 GHz, 4GB G.Skill DDR2 RAM, Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HD 7200 RPM Sata III, Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 1024MB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit), ASUS VE248 1920 x 1080
(04-15-2013, 01:46 AM)naughtydog2k3 Wrote: I'm pretty sure for the latest PCSX2 you can enable a game fix for FFX-2 to switch to software mode automatically when a FMV plays so that way your computer won't be strain trying to run the FMV in FFX-2..correct me if I am wrong though.

Your right about the gamefix to switch over to software mode to fix errors in fmvs, however software mode puts all the work on your cpu. Not sure how this effects fmv playback though, which I think are cpu based anyway, but at least with software mode there are no issues.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming