Best CPU, VGA and decent RAM
Hello

Guys i am ooing to receive fews dollars at the quarter end of 2009. Thus i'm going to buy a "best performance/price" sure is performance first price is second. Any ideas? Looking for your reply soon. Don't state Intel I7, it is insane.

Normally i will use vista 64-bit and new computer. So what kind of CPU, VGA and RAM should i have now?

Thanks for your time.

PLT
Opps, forget that AMD is also welcome since this is a new computer Laugh.

Sponsored links

It's hard to make recommendations without a price range... And whether this new system is with only PCSX2 in mind....
[Image: 2748844.png]
Things to watch out for the time being :

core i5 (cpu)
ati 5xxx series (GPU)
Windows 7
I am also looking forward to buy a GPU very nearly (about at 17th). I right now aiming for a Gigabyte 9500GT DDR2 - 1GB - 128BIT. Want your opinions.

My system Specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7200 @2.53GHz 2.53 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 1.00 GB
Visual Memory: ATI Radeon HD3450 / 256 MB Graphics Card
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Sound Device: High Definition Audio Device

Thank You
Everything that mack listed is coming out soon. You really should wait for those.
5850 / i5-2005k 4.3 ghz/ W7/ X-fi soundcard/ 8 gigs ram
All of those will be new, and therefore on the more expensive side. Since there is currently zero benefit to using DX11 over DX10 (indeed, DX11 isn't nearly as stable yet) a 5XXX ATi card doesn't promise to have any benefits.

Windows 7 will give a decent improvement over XP, but not necessarily over Vista.

The i5 depending on pricing may be worth the wait... or it may be worth waiting for it to come out and taking advantage of discounted C2D and C2Qs afterwards.
The 5 series ATI cards is coming out soon and the benefit is better aa,textures, higher fps and resolution.... You can't even comment on DX11 yet. It's not released. If you are talking about the plug-ins then of course not. If you are buying something to upgrade later on. C2D and C2Qs sockets are dead. Though i5 and i7 have different sockets. So who knows which socket going to be the main one.
5850 / i5-2005k 4.3 ghz/ W7/ X-fi soundcard/ 8 gigs ram
(09-06-2009, 07:06 PM)Mystery Man Wrote: I am also looking forward to buy a GPU very nearly (about at 17th). I right now aiming for a Gigabyte 9500GT DDR2 - 1GB - 128BIT. Want your opinions.

My system Specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7200 @2.53GHz 2.53 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 1.00 GB
Visual Memory: ATI Radeon HD3450 / 256 MB Graphics Card
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Sound Device: High Definition Audio Device

Thank You

Dont buy 9500GT i have it, its bottleneck for PCSX2 get at least 9600gt
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
For PCSX2 use, there isn't any proof that going 5XXX ati will have any benefit. Newer generation top of the line cards will always be better than older generation top of the line, but that does NOT necessarily go for the medium or low range cards.

A 4600-47XX card will likely out perform a 52xx-53xx and they'll be of similar cost, just like all previous generations before it. And there is no guarantee that any of the 5XXX cards will hold a performance lead over nvidia for PCSX2. Gabest only has an nvidia card, and he works for optimizations to the code for it, that is why Nvidia, in general, run better on pcsx2.
so... we need to buy Gabest an ATI card for christmass...
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.