Best GPU for 4K 60FPS + Recording?
Hey, first a big thanks to the developers!
The emulator is awesome.

I want to buy a GPU that will support 4k/60FPS resolution. 
Yes i know that yet not every game works 100% perfect and a few would even bring problems to a GTX 4090 (or not? Tongue). Smile

The "problem" is, that i need also enough ressources to record the gameplay while playing on the same PC.
Do you think there could be major problems, or has anyone experience with that special case? (CPU/GPU usage goes over 80%?)
I don´t have problems with PS1 emulation/recording, but i just record with 1440p at the moment (just few % CPU usage).
Sure i could record directly from my PS2, but for YouTube i want 4k/60FPS.

My specs:
Board: B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac (would upgrade if neccasary/ if it would make really sense)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x (should be enough, or better upgrade?)
DDR4 16GB (want to upgrade to 32GB, or should it be DDR5 with a new board?)
GPU: GTX 1650 Super

I thought about GTX 3060 TI/ GTX 3070.
Or do you think a normal GTX 3060 would do it easily with 95% of games?
P.S.: Price matters for sure, i wouldn´t pay 40% more to run 2% more games.
I would prefer Nvidia because of the better video coder, but i don´t know if there is such a big difference.

I have a lot of PS2 games, so it isn´t about a few speficic games
Sorry for my english Smile

Greetings
Ben

Sponsored links

Or can anyone share there experience with 4K.
Some downsides that i don´t see at the moment? Smile
Push (hope it is allowed)
Thanks!
Push Smile
Generally speaking you can record almost any game footage with high video quality and minimal performance loss if you use programs that take advantage of dedicated-hardware encoders like NVENC (Nvidia), Intel (QuickSync), or AMD (AMF). These are typically hardware blocks separate from the 'main' silicon logic on GPUs that is meant for offloading as many resources as possible from the PC to record footage with minimal quality/perf loss. Most PS2 games are fully playable in PCSX2 these days and most can easily be driven at 4K by the majority of contemporary GPUs. There are the odd outliers here and there that have issues like memory leaks, random crashes, etc. due to currently unresolved issues, but you can usually check for known issues on the games you have by looking at the PCSX2 Wiki.

Search on youtube for 4K PCSX2 videos to reference what relative hardware options to scope for and what the quality will look like once YouTube's encoder massacres it as usual. Smile
(01-04-2023, 01:38 PM)NarooN Wrote: Generally speaking you can record almost any game footage with high video quality and minimal performance loss if you use programs that take advantage of dedicated-hardware encoders like NVENC (Nvidia), Intel (QuickSync), or AMD (AMF). These are typically hardware blocks separate from the 'main' silicon logic on GPUs that is meant for offloading as many resources as possible from the PC to record footage with minimal quality/perf loss. Most PS2 games are fully playable in PCSX2 these days and most can easily be driven at 4K by the majority of contemporary GPUs. There are the odd outliers here and there that have issues like memory leaks, random crashes, etc. due to currently unresolved issues, but you can usually check for known issues on the games you have by looking at the PCSX2 Wiki.

Search on youtube for 4K PCSX2 videos to reference what relative hardware options to scope for and what the quality will look like once YouTube's encoder massacres it as usual. Smile

Thank you for the response Smile
The recording isn´t the big issue. It will take some performance, but should only be a problem if the GPU is on 90% up. 
I heard that could happen at a few games (think thats because of  the memory leak?).
I tested 4K resolution on PS1 Emulation (upgraded meanwhile to a used GeFroce 1080) and the GPU was with some games at 90%-100% usage.
Got me a lot loosed frames in the recording. My thought is that if it take under 80% GPU usage, i will be fine.
I think it would work on most PS1 games, but when there are already problems it will be hard with PS2 games on 4K.

I watched a lot "PS2 4K" videos, but they are mostly recorded with Nvidia ShadowPlay, which doesn´t have much intake on perfomance, but you can´t really integrate Facecam, Layout and these things.

For recording i use OBS and the Nvidia Codec, which has not that much intake on the perfomance (6-12% CPU usage) but get me into problems when GPU is hardly used.
Thanks for the info, maybe i should proof my settings also there.