Best Pc requirements for this emulator
OK thanks. I tried about 6/7 months ago the RCPS3 and it had some issues but my gpu/cpu didn't reach their maximum...so i think they were issues related to the emulator... currently my desktop has these specs:
- i5 4690K with slightly OC at 4.2Ghz
- 8GB ram DDR3 at about 790Mhz
- GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB

Usually it runs perfectly every emulator. Only RCPS3 has some issues (i tried it months ago...) but it seems they were related to the emulator because cpu/gpu weren't at their maximum. Probably with a new emulator version the issues could be fixed.

In any case, with a laptop like this: https://www.raiontech.com/prodotto/raion...nbook-dx2/ with an i7 9700K, 16 GB ram 2666Mhz and a RTX 2060, it should be much better than my current desktop,correct? So i could run every emulator, RCPS3 included, in fullHD, without problems. Am I right?

Sponsored links

(11-23-2019, 11:54 PM)legolas119 Wrote: OK thanks.  I tried about 6/7 months ago the RCPS3 and it had some issues but my gpu/cpu didn't reach their maximum...so i think they were issues related to the emulator...  currently my desktop has these specs:
- i5 4690K with slightly OC at 4.2Ghz
- 8GB ram DDR3 at about 790Mhz
- GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB

Usually it runs perfectly every emulator. Only RCPS3 has some issues (i tried it months ago...) but it seems they were related to the emulator because cpu/gpu weren't at their maximum. Probably with a new emulator version the issues could be fixed.

In any case, with a laptop like this: https://www.raiontech.com/prodotto/raion...nbook-dx2/  with an i7 9700K, 16 GB ram 2666Mhz and a RTX 2060, it should be much better than my current desktop,correct? So i could run every emulator, RCPS3 included, in fullHD, without problems. Am I right?

Your proposed laptop configuration is really better than your current desktop - but only if the hardware in this laptop matches the desktop hardware, and not pieces of full-fledged hardware, which trimmed specially for laptop cases. Because in this case it is already more difficult to say that your current desktop is worse than the proposed laptop.

In addition, full-fledged hardware in such small laptop case will be very hot. So the fans on small coolers will buzz like an airplane turbine.

But if assume that the laptop, which you are offering will really have the hardware like on the desktop, then - yes, you can run all emulators in high resolution... if the emulators themselves do not have problems in operations. Because in the case of poor programming, even on NASA's cluster computer will not work as needed.
(11-24-2019, 01:19 AM)ANd93ml Wrote: Your proposed laptop configuration is really better than your current desktop - but only if the hardware in this laptop matches the desktop hardware, and not pieces of full-fledged hardware, which trimmed specially for laptop cases. Because in this case it is already more difficult to say that your current desktop is worse than the proposed laptop.

In addition, full-fledged hardware in such small laptop case will be very hot. So the fans on small coolers will buzz like an airplane turbine.

But if assume that the laptop, which you are offering will really have the hardware like on the desktop, then - yes, you can run all emulators in high resolution... if the emulators themselves do not have problems in operations. Because in the case of poor programming, even on NASA's cluster computer will not work as needed.
yes this laptop has hardware like on desktop, it isn't underpowered, the supplier confirmed it.  So this cpu has a base clock of 3.60Ghz but can reaach 4.90Ghz. I don't need this spu speed, my current cpu never reach 4.2Ghz, so i think that even if i buy a laptom like this, if it can guarantee 4/4.2 ghz, it is enough for emulation in fullHD..
(11-25-2019, 01:51 AM)legolas119 Wrote: yes this laptop has hardware like on desktop, it isn't underpowered, the supplier confirmed it.  So this cpu has a base clock of 3.60Ghz but can reaach 4.90Ghz. I don't need this spu speed, my current cpu never reach 4.2Ghz, so i think that even if i buy a laptom like this, if it can guarantee 4/4.2 ghz, it is enough for emulation in fullHD..

Yes, it will be enough for Full HD and 4K... because the most work of resolution enhancing, antialiasing, anisotropic filtering and over graphic improvements are making by GPU. And RTX 2060 have enough power for "games running in just much better quality than on the original hardware".

Most work of CPU in emulation is ensuring of functioning of the emulator directly. You can play on good programming emulator with powerful CPU and very-low-end GPU, but with weak processor coupled with RTX Titan you can't run a complicated emulators.
the supplier confirmed that this laptom has performance really close to an equivalent desktop pc.
If I want, they can apply the delidding in order to reduce the warming up of the cpu. And the cpu can reach for sure 4.0 Ghz, if needed: today with my desktop i don't reach 4.0 Ghz with any emulator...so I suppose that the i7 9700K can reach the 4.0/4.2Ghz without particular problems.

Probably, but i'm not sure about that, if my current cpu is used for example at 80/90% using some demanding emulators (RCPS3 or CEMU?), the new i7 9700K could have same performance using only 70/80% of its power because it is a newer cpu, with more core and so on.... am I right?
(11-25-2019, 07:12 PM)legolas119 Wrote: the supplier confirmed that this laptom has performance really close to an equivalent desktop pc.

So "like on desktop" or "really close to an equivalent desktop pc"?

As I said - for a serious improvement in the graphics in emulators you need a powerful GPU. Which the supplier does not insert into the laptop case! The CPU may be similar to the desktop, but the GPU in this case will have a weak graphics chip, but a large amount of video memory (typical marketing ploy). Just like on modern consoles (although they also have a weak CPU) which have the highest quality textures in games (because there is a lot of video memory), but the quality of other graphic effects is low and lower (because the GPU chip is weak).

(11-25-2019, 07:12 PM)legolas119 Wrote: If I want, they can apply the delidding in order to reduce the warming up of the cpu.

What about cooling the GPU? As well as cooling the entire case? Or will the other components of the laptop not require normal cooling, because they will be weak?

(11-25-2019, 07:12 PM)legolas119 Wrote: Probably, but i'm not sure about that, if my current cpu is used for example at 80/90% using some demanding emulators (RCPS3 or CEMU?), the new i7 9700K could have same performance using only 70/80% of its power because it is a newer cpu, with more core and so on.... am I right?

This usually happens. But the exact percentages depend on the difference in power between the CPUs and the quality of code between the versions of the emulator.
well CPU/GPU have 3 separate fans and a specail cooling system. And the description says that it is really easy to change cpu/gpu and add ram in the future.
(11-27-2019, 01:29 AM)legolas119 Wrote: well CPU/GPU have 3 separate fans and a specail cooling system. And the description says that it is really easy to change cpu/gpu and add ram in the future.

Okay, put aside the fact that these fans are very likely to be very noisy, since this does not seem to bother you.

But how effective are these fans? Can they dissipate the heat generated by the CPU and GPU? For what TDP (thermal design power) are they designed for? And which thermal compound will be used?

Also, what is the power of the GPU? On the site that you indicated, the GPU of the laptop indicates only the amount of video memory. Which is certainly important, but not so much as clocks of engine and memory. And I will venture to suggest that engine clock and memory clock of GPU in this laptop have great DOWNclock.