Best Rev PCSX2 for Gran Turismo 4
Guys  i need best rev and setting PCSX2 for Gran Turismo 4 !
All new rev 1.4 and 1.5 have so much lags and drop fps ! Specially if i see sunlights eefects on a Nordshliefe  track or LeMan !! Horrible optimisation ! so much lags 
And if game and track download before race i have so much freeze too and specially on a start and repley and in game !! 
Where is best performace and revision for this game without lags and graphics bags ?? 

I use now OLD 1.1.0 rev5393 with 4 nattive and 480p progressive mode (in game menu) andD3d11Hardware mode and this is best right now !  Not bad speed not much lags ! and 60 fps  with 4 native res and SSSe3 plagin Dx10 mode and render DIrect 3d11 Hardware  But i have horrible lags and drop fps if i see this f**ing sunlights effect on a Nurburgringnordshliefe or Leman track ! (some others track is good compability)  And this OLD revision PCSX much much faster than new rev 1.5 or 1.4 on a same settings  How is that possible ??
 YEah and i have other bags with angular wheels and very dark brightness in game ! I use 480p progressive mode (in game menu) If i set 76 brightnes in Emul  i have good picture in game but menu looks so much bright ! In new rev 1.5 this is fixed but main compabilty is horrible !  
In new rev 1.5 i have freeze  and bags if track download in game  and on a start  and this fu**ing sulight effect (just fixed that main problem guys) with a same setting !! WTF is that ?
And i try use Open GL Rendering but i have same problems ! And yeah OLD vers is much faster (not perfect) but without this freeze and bags ..but still have this problem with sun effect (or headlights) and Brightness in game and menu ! Guys just fixed that in that revision !
Or tell me plese where i find best rev PCSX without all this  problems  ? And what performace i need use
my Pc is 
i5-760 (4cores)  GTX760 (2GB) 8gb ram and Win 7

And this is main game for PS2 and need best optimization for PCSX2 emul !

Sponsored links

Quote:And this OLD revision PCSX much much faster than new rev 1.5 or 1.4 on a same settings How is that possible ??
Simple. As time passes, pcsx2 gets more accurate. which means it needs more resources.

Problem is it can be quite a demanding game, and your CPU's STR is barely below 1200 (we recommend at least 1600)
Use 1.4.0 version, enable all recommended speedhacks + set vu cycle stealing to 1 as well as ee cycle rate, then pray...

...Or keep playing it on your PS2 console until you can get a better CPU Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I would actually recommend the latest git since they fix a lot of issues. Especially the vram spikes which caused a major slowdown in the game. Especially when starting a race.
Also don't forget to enable MTVU speedhack.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
I still think its bad optimization ! This Emul over 5 years ans still not work correectly for this old console and games 2005 years ! Better CPU ??)) You kidding me ? for this ? ..4 cores 2.8 in stock or 4 cores 3.8 (in overclock) its not enough for that ) ? lol Maybe its not good and correctly work this emul still over all this years Becouse why i not have a problem with PPSSPP emul on a same architecture with same games from ps2 Wipeout Pilse or other with Hd graphics and others ! And like a say before old version is much faster but have same crytical bags (and this is not CPU problem im sure) Actually this stupid sunlight effect ! and starting . I think the developers need to make better use of multi-threading and the possibility of all four cores !!
Actually im not have a problem with this CPU in new game like a DOOM GTA5 or F12016 i have 60 fps and this cpu maybe not best now butt still good !!

What is STR ? ok im try 1.4 like you say and i use speedhack ! And i have Ps2 and this game before And i dont remember this horrible Sun Effect or anglewheels on a car)) lol And this is not CPU problems too !
Yeah and i use MTVU speedhack ! becouse withot that its more horrible situation But still have all this f**ing problem
AND i need detail setting for this game (emul) and what rev using
Your post is so full of misunderstanding that I don't know where to start. No, no one is kidding you. Your CPU is too weak. Old versions are faster because they are OLD and much LESS accurate. PPSSPP doesn't emulate the PS2 it emulates the PSP and even though some games were ported to the PSP from the PS2 they are very different. Comparing emulation to PC games is ridiculous because they are completely different. Emulation is much more demanding. If your intention is just to come here and bash our devs and our work then you might as well stop now because it won't get you anywhere. We answer questions like this every day. We know what's going on. If you want help then that's fine. But you have to accept the answers given to you.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Why ? Becose you say that ? I say again its not CPU problem ! I still sure its Emul and programing codes problem becouse i sqay reason but you not listening! Im not say PPSSPP emulate Ps2 ! But emulate same technology and architecture and GAMES !! its Not very different you wrong!
And i talk about this emul problem and best setting for gran Turismo4 game ! Becouse now situationg with this game on this emul looks like ***** ! sorry but its true and you know that ! only lags and freeze and bugs and stop talking about CPU ok ? becouse this problem on a other mutch higher CPU still have too !
(10-14-2016, 08:50 PM)icejimy Wrote: Why ? Becose you say that ? I say again its not CPU problem ! I still sure its Emul and programing codes problem becouse i sqay reason but you not listening! Im not say PPSSPP emulate Ps2  ! But emulate same technology and architecture and GAMES !! its Not very different you wrong!
And i talk about this emul problem and best setting for gran Turismo4 game ! Becouse now situationg with this game on this emul looks like ***** ! sorry but its true and you know that ! only lags and freeze and bugs and stop talking about CPU ok ? becouse this problem on a other mutch higher CPU still have too !

I am listening and I'm telling you that you are wrong. You know very little about what's going on here based on what you've said and you surely don't get to say it's "definitely the emulator and it's programming." PPSSPP does not emulate the same technology. The PSP is different from the PS2. It's your CPU. The end.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-14-2016, 08:36 PM)icejimy Wrote: I still think its bad optimization ! This Emul over 5 years  ans still not work correectly for this old console  and games  2005 years !
If you had any idea of what kind of architecture it emulates, you would understand better why. (or you would have read the stickies...)
Quote:Better CPU ??)) You kidding me ? for this ? ..4 cores 2.8 in stock or 4 cores 3.8 (in overclock)

Why don't you overclock it, then ?

Quote:lol Maybe its not good and correctly work this emul still over all this years Becouse why i not have a problem with PPSSPP emul on a same architecture
please avoid comparing different consoles/different emulators if you want to avoid looking ridiculous.
Quote: with same games from ps2 Wipeout Pilse or other with Hd graphics and others !
Nope, they aren't the same games. they were ported to PSP

Quote: . I think the developers need to make better use of multi-threading and the possibility of all four cores  !!
This is an open source project, and you can bring your coder skills to help us. You're more than welcome
Quote:Actually im not have a problem with this CPU in new game like a DOOM GTA5 or F12016 i have 60 fps  and this cpu maybe not best now butt still good !!
2nd way to avoid looking ridiculous : avoid comparing native pc gaming to emulation. it's a complete nonsense
Quote:What is STR ?
Single Thread Rating
Quote:AND i need detail setting for this game (emul) and what rev using
I gave you above...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I dont Fu**ing care about what you say ! Actually its you wrong !
Fact is You have a best PS2 game and very bad optimisation on this Emul ! where is ***** progress ?? i see only regress sorry but its true !
And i know its Not CPU ! I do not remember that I said that I am programmer so stop talking this bullsit Its very easy way say it Oh its your CPU" sory Maybe i need Rocket SLI WITH 4 CPU with 84 ***** cores on a 6Gghz for this old console and all games ? And even after 30 years you guys say it "Oh dude sorry its your CPU" And that's why your emul now works like this !!
How about Ps2, he works on a 300mhz one core MIPS CPU !! Yeah i know about main problem with a different all component CPU frequency ! and this is a really problem on a x86 architecture ! But Hey you have now 4 ***** CORES with 2.8-3.8 frequency and other GB VRAM and RAM !! and about my CPU i know you wrong becouse i have fast speed 60 fps stability in 70 % in game but in other 30 i have your bags and slow drops fps and freeze in a download and slowmo with this fu*ing sushine effect ! But you NOT listening to me about problem !! You sau just Oh fu*k off its your fu*king CPU! Its Not good way my frends!
And if i turn OFF frame limit that my real speed on your Emul i see my real CPU speed and that is really to much fastest ! So maybe its you wrong maybe its a Bad optimisation with a Best Ps2 Game on your Emul still after many years maybe its not best programming code for this console мayebe you do not use, and half of all processor features...off course its easy sayit Its you fu*ing CPU so mate fu**k off
But Fact is only one ! You have a best PS2 game and very BAD optimisation and programing code for this game and PS2 console on this PCSX2 Emul actually very bad ! Not useable
And I gave you a specific example of regression ! 1.1.0rev5393 fastetst on a same fu*ing settings ! But have only several specific weaknesses Main is this fuc**ing Sunlight effect And original game not have this horrible sun! And this Sunlights it burns and shines through all the textures ! ANd we have a problem ! Oh sorry what i say..its my CPU ) lol Or horrible brithness in menu and different in game ! oh sorry maybe its my CPu too becouse your emul is Perfect and have no problem with all ! Yeah ? But No its Not and you know that guys !
Maybe you need fixed that Sunshine sunlight and headlights (its same problem) ?? Or remove option If you can not fix it ..for all this years
Or create specially rev Best rev for Gran Turismo 4 I think its good idea ! Or fixed 1.1.0 becouse on a 1.5 you have more problems with downloads freeze delay and others ! Becouse now cituation is really Horrible ! Sorry my bad engl
Yeah and Wipeot pulse on a psp its a same ps2 game but with litle bit low res textures But its a same game ! And run perfect on a PPSSPP emul in HD and with all correct effect and others ! and that is really cool optimisation
Well haven't you got colourful language. Well you have a developers attention, nice to see you have upmost respect for the work we've done. If you think we've done such a shoddy job, you are free to help improve it or write your own to show us how it's done.

You obviously have little to no understanding about how emulation works, also you seem to think the PS2 comprises of nothing but a 300mhz CPU. Well, I hate to break it to you, but you also have 2 vector units, the R3000A co-processor (which was the PS1 CPU), the GS unit, the SPU2 unit, plus a bunch of other stuff, it basically adds up to 3.6Ghz of CPU power to emulate, and we can add it up like that because emulation can't do it all at the same time like the PS2 can. See here for more info: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Why-is-PCSX2-slow

Now we have the basics out of the way, I will explain that emulation isn't as straight forward as like for like performance, the overhead (depending on how similar the architecture is) can range from twice as much power required to 10 times as much, this is true for ANY system. so you're looking at anywhere from 3.6Ghz dual core cpu up to about 8Ghz on a dual core, maybe more, if I'm being pessamistic. Now considering on a decent 4Ghz quad core cpu, we have got about 95% of games running at or above full speed, I'd say we've done a pretty good job.

Now to address why your randomly picked old build is faster, simply put, it did less, there was less emulation to think about, less conditions and missing features, without having to process all that extra stuff, it runs quicker, but at the cost of compatibility with a lot of games. The emulation accuracy has increased significantly since the build you mentioned. Yes there are still problems, but the PS2 isn't an easy machine to emulate, did you not see the PS3 version of a PS2 emulator? That's right, even Sony couldn't do a very good job of making it compatible.

Oh and please stop comparing PCSX2 to PPSSPP, the PSP is a weaker system than the PS2, much easier to emulate, not to mention the system itself was far more efficient, the PS2 was very much a cobbled together mess which barely worked, it was a pain to program for. Before you mention Dolphin, the situation is similar there, although argueably more powerful than the PS2, it was a LOT more efficient than the mess we have to deal with.

TL;DR Version:
Yes it is your cpu, stop saying you know it's the crap program when you don't have a clue what you are talking about and stop comparing PCSX2 to PPSSPP.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]