Best Settings for FFX (Quality Wise)
I never got it to work and I'm looking for the best setup to get FFX to look as good as possible.

I have a killer computer so Ican handle most settings.
So could you post what plugin and what settings I should use to get it as good looking as possible?

I've tried high internal res on gsdx but barely see any difference.

Sponsored links

Internal resolution makes a huge diffrence, try setting it to scaling x3 or higher and then switch to native(try F9 ingame) and see the diffrence. There isnt much else you can do. you can use antialiasing but that accompliches pretty much the same as hires. Perhaps in the future there will be features like custom textures and shaders.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
What do you mean by scaling x3?
In gsdx you can choose to use a custom internal resolution or scaling(multiplying the native res). If you dont have this option you are likely using a very old version.
Specs:
Man, has this killer computer specs like CPU brand and model, video card used, memory amount and speed, etc?

The best specs (quality wise) is the default... no speedhacks, resolution set as high as possible before introducing performance hit or artifacts...

We need to guess even the OS you use, let's assume it is Windows 7 under the most "killer" Intel CPU... so GSDX SSE4.1 is the video plugin to go.
Sound should be SPU2-X
Controller Lilypad
CDVD, does not really matter if using the internal reader
all others normally are null versions.

Well, those are the plugins that give best overall results, the emulator's version might influence too.

But in the end nothing matters if you can't get it to work.

PS: Just for the conscience sake: are you setting the "internal resolution" in the plugin or the "Window Settings" under the "video (GS)"?

PS2: Sorry GameGeeker, we answered at same time, and he asking what is x3 scaling answered the above question.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I got 0.1.13.
That is a very old version get the latest beta and all accompaning plugins. It wont affect visuals but afaik the latest beta is almost faultless with ffx.
Specs:
Yeh running now at x3 and looking decent so far.

and my comp is i7 950 @ 4 ghz, gtx 480 sli and 8 gig ram
with the latest version (and not that old one) you could EASY do a x6 resolution on ffx (and most games).
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I'm running the latest, however did barely see any difference between x6 and x3.