My specs are...

Intel Pentium 4 3.00 GHz
82945G Express Chipset Family
2.99 GHz, 1.99 GB of RAM
Windows XP Profession Service Pack 3

Plugins:

GS: GSdx 852 (MSVC 15.00 SSE2) 0.1.10 [GSdx 1.10 SVN SSE2]
SPU2: SPU2-X r4834 2.0.0 [SPU2-X-r4834

I know my computer specs are ancient, but I was wondering what would be my best configuration for it with my specs. On the latest unofficial SVN builds, with sound, I get about 35-40 FPS which is really good with what I have. With the ZeroSPu plugin and no sound enabled, I get about a straight 40 FPS. Some parts of the game, like when Tidus is in the air after the Zanarkand disaster, I get 60 FPS but then it drops sadly. I have high CPU usage ranging from 70 to 90%. With the 60 FPS it is usually 98% I know it is overkill. Sad I tried enabling speedhacks and followed tutorials for faster config, but I am afraid this is all I am gonna get.

With the official build of PCSX2 I get 30-35 FPS Smile

I cant get DirectX10 installed with XP, I can however, but I am not a risk taker and am afraid of ruining DirectX. Sad Also I cant use SSSE3 or SSE4. Only the old SSE2

I am using an ISO, for some reason it would not start my disc, so I am using an ISO using IMGBurn. Smile

I know with what I have this is probably the best it is gonna get until later, but I was just hoping maybe someone could help me. I can live with 40 FPS, but I wont wanna play it really. Especially since it is killing my CPU. I dont plan to overclock it either Sad

Any ideas to disable/enable things and or better plugins?

Thank you everyone who reads this. Smile

Also on a side note, thank you everyone working on this project, it is amazing at how far it has come, it really is. With old specs like mine someday I bet I can run something like this with no problems. Tongue A year ago, and now it has improved alot! So thank you everyone who keeps this going and has got my computer to do this. Laugh

If you have questions on specs or need screen shots, please tell me and I will post them. I know my stuff is really slow but I was hoping to get it the best it possibly can for now. I'm afraid it already is though. ;(

Sponsored links

y not get a better gpu? In SG , 8400gt cost 50$S or better.
If not try upgrading ur PCSX2 ver
or 30-40 is the average wat u can get(i alsn using express chipset Laugh)
CPU : Intel Pentium G2120 @ 3.1Ghz
RAM : 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Mobo : MSI Z77A-G43
GPU : Powercolor HD7790 TurboDuo 1GB
Actually it's strange you get such good speeds, I don't think you could squeeze any more out of that system...and no the DirectX 10 hacks for XP are all not actually working, so don't even try installing some of that crap.
SSE2 is the best your processor supports, so it's normal you can't use the other 2 versions.
Maybe you could try setting clamping to none for the EE and VU but that WILL cause glitches and some crashes with FFX at some points (of course you can turn them back to normal when you get the glitches to get past them, then back to none)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Use the default plugins.
Set the Speedhacks Preset to "mostly harmful".
Set the Video (GS) Plugin settings to native internal resolution.

The game really can't play much faster than that on your system.
my com runs at 25-40 fps only...
I updated my GS plugin, I found out it was a bit old Tongue

Now I can run about 35-40 straight on with sound, however the textures are really messed up. Sad

xHackell: thank you so much for your speedy reply, yes 30-40 is my general area of FPS Smile it's nice to meet someone else with my same gfx card. Smile and I am running the latest official build, and SVN build. The SVN Bot builds run a bit better. :3

How is your framerate with other games?
well i add u to my buddy list.
But getting gt440 thks to Rezard
35-40... I getting mostly 32 all the time...
I will add you to mine ^_^ seems like we are getting around the same, with Harry Potter I got around 30 FPS, I tried it for testing purposes.
i got ff x-2.
Dont rly noe if ff x is nice...
I heard FFX-2 requires more CPU power than FFX so that may be why I get better FPS than you there. Tongue

Messing with settings, without sound I get about an 8 FPS boost, boosting it to about a general 40 FPS. Extremely happy about that really, alot of tmes it may spike to 45. 40 being the lowest. I am testing this after the first save sphere, and it shows Tidus and Auron running and Tidus saying "what are you laughing at old man?"

When that scene plays, from them running to the pods falling, it's usually 40-45 FPS without sound. It spikes about 45 often here. With sound it sadly is about 35-40, it really bugs down for some reason with sound in that scene.