Best Settings for Quality Performance
Just set up a new beastly system with Ryzen 5 1600x 16GB 3200 DDR4 and EVGA 1080ti. Since this rig is powerful, what are the best settings i can use to get everything maxed out

Sponsored links

well, for PCSX2, your Ryzen 5 CPU is not beastly. its adequate for most games but might struggle with more demanding games. Anyway, settings vary but your GPU is awesome so just use as high a resolution as you wish (Open GL preferred) but your CPU will be your bottleneck for CPU-heavy games.
If you OC your system to 4.5ghz (if Ryzen gets that high) you should be fine with most games.

You'll struggle with some CPU bound games, such as this list: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The...sive-Games.

Onward to performance settings!
OpenGL (Hardware)
Internal Resolution: x6 (you can try x8 but i ran into slow downs on some non-GPU intensive games)
Anisotropic filtering: x16
Mipmapping (ins): Full (can cause issues, if it does turn to basic or off)
Accurate date: Checked
Blending unit: High to Ultra, i've yet to find a game that needs more than high.
---------
Make sure to enable your shader as well.

If you're interested in Shaders i've configured for some games, you may find them here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-S...#pid567772

I take requests, however i can't promise how timely i will make it, nor if i even have the game (but if it's an RPG/Action game, i probably do)
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Thanx man, but why OpenGL and not DX11/12?

Got any shader config for Shadow of Colossus and FFXII?
(10-18-2017, 03:24 PM)therock003 Wrote: Thanx man, but why OpenGL and not DX11/12?

because it's definitely more accurate than DX11.
we don't have any plugin specifically for Dx12
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Besides the graphics plugin, can i tweak something else from the program setting like mtvu to use mroe cores and other settings from there to get more power from my setup?
If using software mode, you van add extra SW rendering threads. Apart from that overclocking is your best bet
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-18-2017, 03:24 PM)therock003 Wrote: Thanx man, but why OpenGL and not DX11/12?

Got any shader config for Shadow of Colossus and FFXII?

Yes, in the link i provided above i have FFXII

I own SOTC (of course Cool ) so you're in luck there. I'll set that one as my next target, I just finished up Rogue Galaxy.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(10-18-2017, 01:22 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: If you OC your system to 4.5ghz (if Ryzen gets that high) you should be fine with most games.
Blending unit: High to Ultra, i've yet to find a game that needs more than high.
---------
The purpose of blending unit is to emulate the ROP of your GPU. It is super slow, even a 100GHz CPU won't be enough.

Some (2D) game uses few draw call and few primitive so it is doable. But for most it is a no go.
therock003, if you get a chance could you try out Baldur's Gate? I've currently been trying it on my FX 6360 but it seriously suffers in many tough areas and I'm looking at a Ryzen 5 1600.