Best Software mode plugin
I find plugins are often erratic when it comes to software mode, with a version being much faster than some others.

I remember playing Shadow Hearts 1 pretty well with software mode, and then having to look a long time for my old plugins because new ones had 20 less fps or some such.

Nowadays, it sort of works with GSDX r1873.

Got the same problem with tales of legendia, with said plugin giving 20 more fps, however i was wondering if there was an ever better one, as it seems to be at best around 48 (definitely playable, but if it's just a matter of finding old plugins...).

Anyone has found the same erratic development in software mode, and knows which revision is best?

Sponsored links

It must be your Video Card that are "forcing" u to use software mode in renderer. I think your vga card is ATI Radeon, am i correct ? haha
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
No... those games work better with software renderer and he's asking if there's a faster software renderer than the current GSdx one.
As far as I know older software renderers would be just slower and much buggier, current ones should be the best speed you get (try the latest beta plugins but it shouldn't be much different really).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-15-2010, 07:03 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: No... those games work better with software renderer and he's asking if there's a faster software renderer than the current GSdx one.
As far as I know older software renderers would be just slower and much buggier, current ones should be the best speed you get (try the latest beta plugins but it shouldn't be much different really).

In what conditions ? May u explain it to me , pretty please ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(03-15-2010, 07:03 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: No... those games work better with software renderer and he's asking if there's a faster software renderer than the current GSdx one.

Actually, i was saying the current ones are *worse*. I had to go back to 1873 because current one give me 20 fps less, bith in Shadow hearts 1 and Tales of Legendia.

So i was wondering if someone here ahd stumbled on the same problem, and had found which GSDx version is 'best' in software mode.
(03-15-2010, 07:29 PM)ikazu Wrote: In what conditions ? May u explain it to me , pretty please ?

In what conditions what?

Quote:So i was wondering if someone here ahd stumbled on the same problem, and had found which GSDx version is 'best' in software mode.

Not here, about as fast for both games with the r1873 and r2715 for example. When I mentioned older I meant before betas actually.
(03-16-2010, 12:16 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Not here, about as fast for both games with the r1873 and r2715 for example. When I mentioned older I meant before betas actually.

Interesting, so me having half the speed in 2705 is probably peculiar to my computer.

Heh, so i probably can't expect help.
Could be something else, like vsync... are you using a 0.9.7 build to test the changes? Do you build your own GSdx? Does it do the same with for example the GSdx included in the latest public beta pack (r2693)?

If anything you could try to track the issue to a specific revision and report the problem.
(03-16-2010, 12:42 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Could be something else, like vsync... are you using a 0.9.7 build to test the changes? Do you build your own GSdx? Does it do the same with for example the GSdx included in the latest public beta pack (r2693)?

If anything you could try to track the issue to a specific revision and report the problem.

I am using both a legacy version(rev 2186) and a 0.9.7 version (2707) (switching to see which works best).

I didn't compile either myself (using those i can find already compiled in websites).

Isn't the latest public beta pack 2705???

Anyway, i noticed the problem in the december pac (2404), and reverting back to the plugins given earlier (in the 1888 pcsx beta iirc) made the game go much faster (+15 fps if not more).

Same thing with more recent plugins (just tested 2715, and it's as slow as 2705).
(03-16-2010, 12:16 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(03-15-2010, 07:29 PM)ikazu Wrote: In what conditions ? May u explain it to me , pretty please ?

In what conditions what?

Like u said, some games work better with software renderer mode. Can u explain ? Or that's too complicated ? sorry if this offtopic, and i'm a little overboard.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G