Best config of Silent Hill Origins?
Some time ago I wanted to play Silent Hill Origins but I was going with too much lag, I tried to configure many times but I could not it. Does anyone know how? 

NVIDIA GeForce 950 2GBs
AMD FX 6300 Six-Core 3.50GHz
8GBs RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bits

This was translated with google translate xDDDDD

Sponsored links

(01-02-2018, 02:49 AM)AngBooster Wrote: Some time ago I wanted to play Silent Hill Origins but I was going with too much lag, I tried to configure many times but I could not it. Does anyone know how? 

NVIDIA GeForce 950 2GBs
8GBs RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bits

The minimum STP to run games is 1500 and your processor is rated at 1408, so you'll experience slowdowns.
Reduce the resolution or enable speedhacks. Other than that... Get a new processor.
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.
1800~ STR number is recommended CPU to run the emulator.
you can change to ryzen-5 since it's barely at 1800 STR number.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-02-2018, 02:49 AM)AngBooster Wrote: Some time ago I wanted to play Silent Hill Origins but I was going with too much lag, I tried to configure many times but I could not it. Does anyone know how? 

NVIDIA GeForce 950 2GBs
8GBs RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Sorry about the "advice" that was given. Seems these forums are sometimes bad about just telling people to get better hardware. With the reasoning given, that'd mean eight years ago not even Intel chips would have emulated any PS2 games which simply isn't true. I only have a fx 4300 and GTX 1050ti and have played 12 games perfectly fine with all the bells and whistles. Even played all the Silent Hill games on Opengl at 3x resolution, FXAA, shaders, and the blending unit accuracy set to high with accurate date on and had zero issues apart from a 5 percent drop in Silent Hill 3 in the other world hospital if looking at one specific area in a specific hallway.  

That said, first off you need to overclock all that you can. The entire FX line is basically the same when it comes to programs that use one-four cores and mine overclocked to 4.6 is just as good as an 9350 at stock (its base is like 4.7). That's according to CPU-Z anyway, which is a highly respected and trusted program. Single thread performance didn't change much the entire FX line. After an overclock (I've seen many say that this emulator doesn't like anything below 4.2 ghz) give it another try. Also, try pressing the windows key+g and activating game mode when the emulator is up and running.

All that said, I've played 2, 3, 4 without issue, and on my next day off I'll pull out my copy of origins and will let you know what settings work for me.
I mean, just for some perspective. On the wiki, origins was marked as playable at full speed using a Core2Duo E7400. That chip is around 90 percent slower than my fx 4300 according to userbenchmark (a very respected bench site). Your chip is fine.
(02-07-2018, 08:42 AM)BOS2161 Wrote: I mean, just for some perspective. On the wiki, origins was marked as playable at full speed using a Core2Duo E7400.
1 - where did you read "full speed" ?
2 - that was on 0.9.9 version. as you know, it's not significant since we're near 1.6.0 by now.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I agree you should have no trouble running the game. You have a pretty good CPU. I also use an FX chip except mine is clocked at 4.2 Ghz and has 8 cores with a STR above 1500. I forget the exact number. However jesalvein is correct on both points. You can't base your information on how well a game will perform if it's based on outdated data.
(02-07-2018, 09:13 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 - where did you read "full speed" ?
2 - that was on 0.9.9 version. as you know, it's not significant since we're near 1.6.0 by now.
Actually, another wiki report with v1.3.0 also reports the game running at full speed on Direct3D11 4x native with weaker hardware, so it should work. I assume there are some settings that drag the performance down.

@AngBooster: Please post screenshots of your PCSX2 settings.
i've been waiting for years a solution for flashlight in HW, but nothing yeat.....
Intel i7 4790k / 32gb Ddr3 1600Mhz / GTX 1080 /Wind 10 64bit

(01-02-2018, 05:16 AM)smartstrike Wrote: 1800~ STR number is recommended CPU to run the emulator.
you can change to ryzen-5 since it's barely at 1800 STR number.

Excuse me,what ‘str number’ mean?Or ‘minimum stp’ to run a game?