Best configuration for my computer?
Hey guys, I fixed my previous problems and I'm getting gameplay at around 60FPS. But, sometimes, I get a lag spike and it shoots down to 30FPS. I was wondering if it is my configuration? I don't really know much about this, so can someone tell me what the best configuration for my computer would be?

SPECS
Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz 24 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 827MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B75M-HD3 (Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz) 28 °C
Graphics
M260VA (1360x768@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Hard Drives
932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 (SATA) 25 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-18-2013, 12:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Alright, I'm sorry.
I'm using SVU Revision 5593. I am using all default settings. I'm trying to play Sly 2: Band of Thieves.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Slow-motion-gameplay

how many threads do you need for the same problem?
I replied to the other thread, doing what I said should probably fix your issues. No need to make multiple threads, if someone knows what is wrong, they'll help you out.
Because this is a different problem.
I remember you. You're the one who uses Direct 9 Software mode on the GT 630, and takes screenshot using mobile phone camera. Glare

Here is your "best" settings: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v1-0-0
The best config for that machine starts from changing to a 64 bits OS, at least to give sense for that 8GB RAM.

I know Windows XP was the first MS OS that "worked" but Win7 fairly surpass it in everything (once you resolve the problems with stupid account controls and never install games under C:\Program Files... that's it).

Other than this my advice is creating a profile for PCSX2 in Nvidia control panel and making sure Vsync is off in there. The GT 630 is yet an entry level card for new Nvidia standards but should have enough punch to reasonable PCSX2 output provided the upscale is not abused.
Imagination is where we are truly real
with UAC off you can install things like XP, it has no locks/protection at that point.
(03-18-2013, 05:37 PM)Saiki Wrote: with UAC off you can install things like XP, it has no locks/protection at that point.

yes & no.
some folders like program files or my docs still have permissions issues, from time to time, even with UAC off.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go