Best configuration + questions + sound plugin?
Hej guys, I don't know a lot about emulation and I couldn't make out much out of other threads, so I made my own.

Question1:
I'm currently playing KH2 (EU) and it runs almost very smooth..
The thing is that there is a difference between audio and video..
When for example Roxas says something it comes before he says it on the screen :s and it kind of bothers me...
Excl SOLVED Excl

Question 2: I also get this in my 'bash' when I start KH2
[attachment=28642]
[attachment=28643]
[attachment=28644]
Excl SOLVED Excl

Question 3:
The other games I play are KH,FFX,FFX-2,FFXII -all EU-
And i'm having a lot of trouble trying to play a few of these...
KH: Weird colors in intro scene Sad
FFX: the 'white screen' problem Sad (anyone got a memcard thing?)
FFX-2: REALLY slow intro.. don't know for the rest of the game :s
FFXII: REALLY slow intro

Question 4:
Is it normal that my macbook pro gets really hot after about 10min of gaming?
Excl SOLVED Excl

Question 5: The default sound plugin doesn't really work for my mac... are there any other sound plugins?

I'll show you my specs and such , hope you can help !

If you need anything else to help me out , just ask Tongue2

Thanks so much !!!

Sponsored links

Go to the sound plugin. Turn everything off. Works soooo much better. The sound synchs up and its way less laggy.
As for the other games... KH is just the fmv's and its currently being worked on for the next version release. FFX is in the same boat (white screen to be fixed in next version release) although you might be able to get a skip fmv hack in for FFX to skip the videos. I dunno why FFX-2 or FF12 have slow openings, my macbook is assumably the same MBP as yours based on our specs and it runs them fine. Maybe make sure that you close down everything except pcsx2 so you can maximize your performance, although fixing the sound synching might make them work fine.

lets see, what else. As for your bash thats normal, it just logs a lot of its events, its not really errors. if you get an actual error, your game will most likely crash.

As for your macbook getting hot, its expected that it will get a little bit on the warm side of things, but it shouldnt be scalding hot. Make sure its in a well ventilated place and that you arent on a bed or coach or any soft surface which will form to the macbooks shape and block the vents.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

Thanks mubbsy!!!!!

Question1: Is there another way to sync audio and video more? it really is bothersome... it worked with another sound plugin,
but then the sound was cracking

Question 3: FFX: anyone got an ffx memcard right after the first fmv ?

FFXII-Question: intro scenes are REALLY slow the game itself it's slow and lagging, b.t.w. I can run KH and KHII
and FFX at full speed :/ (when playing FFXII then I get this in my 'bash': unvalid unpack type,but nothing happens it's just slow)

FFX-2-Question: the intro is REALLY slow and it would take a very long time to get through it... to actually see the gameplay
Anyone? Sad No one seems to respond on this forum anymore Sad
Come on guys , is this forum dead ?? or what ? Sad
I dont know any other ways to sync your audio better except trying to streamline your computers performance.
I have my settings i use in this thread and talk about a few ways to maximize the performance. I have the same computer as you so i dunno why games like FF12 run fine for me and not well for you...

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXII-Bes...-Users-FPS
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

It just doesn't work... :s the intro movie is HELL SLOW , and the gameplay too... :s maybe my disc was scratched or something..
But i'm giving that game up for a while ;p i'm focused on Kingdom Hearts 2 right now;.. i'm in Olympus Coliseum right now, and everything runs smoothly Laugh but the thing that annoys me is that the sound is 1 or 2 seconds after the video ... :s really annoying... like Sora runs and a second later , you can heear the running xp aaargh ... So you don't have any ideas how to fix this?

Also ! whenever there is a scene in slow-motion... The sounds lags a lot... and slows down also... like it wants to sync with the slow-motion... that's not what it has to do ! (it isn't like that on my PS2)