Best cooler for overclocking
I am building a computer and getting the new 4th gen i7 4770+Z87 motherborad+ nvidia 670+16gb ram+ 2tb hdd and I was wondering what would be a super good cooler that would make temps as low as possible so I can clock the crap out of my new soon to be cpu Also would a 500W power supply be enough to handle all this

Sponsored links

If you're considering extreme overclocking, the least you could do is water cooling. Also, if it's a high-quality PSU then yes, it's going to be enough.
I personally use just a Cooler Master TX3 fan. Works well for my overclocked AMD. But, if you want something with a lot of kick try the Cooler Master V6 GT. It will not fit in standard cases. I personally don't get into water coolers. Too complicated anyway.

With the excellent benchmarks from the FFX-2 benchmark thread, overclocking wouldn't even need to be done.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

maybe I wont overclock but I still want to leave the option open. I love the look of the cooler master 6 but thats to big for my case. So I may go with a v3 if that is enough though I would love to try water cooling as it sounds interesting and people say good things about it.
If you can't handle the V6 GT then there's the TX3 (fan on one side) or Hyper 212 (fan on 2 sides).
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

well its more I think I can't handle the v6 as my case is about 2000 with 2009-2011 parts so it maybe big enough maybe not I don''t know just I don't want to risk it being to big and have already bought it. so I may have to go with the v3 or the other one you said i will check them out. thanks
If you're interested in trying watercooling, something like the Corsair H60 closed loop watercooling system might be a good option. Watercooling certainly gives lower load temps, it's not as extreme in difference as an air cooler.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-20-2013, 11:35 AM)refraction Wrote: If you're interested in trying watercooling, something like the Corsair H60 closed loop watercooling system might be a good option. Watercooling certainly gives lower load temps, it's not as extreme in difference as an air cooler.

This. I wouldn't recommend a traditional (open loop) system to anyone aside from the most extreme enthusiasts.

The primary benefits of going liquid cooled aren't just CPU cooling (most high end air coolers can do about as well at lower cost) but rather system cooling and generally less noise.

The biggest problem with air coolers is they take a lot of internal case space and can greatly impact temperatures for all components. Where as most graphic cards are "double slot" (or even triple slot in a few cases) and blow hot air out of the side of the case, in CPUs they blow hot air back into the case. Not only that, but they usually sit in the middle of the case, disrupting airflow that comes in. To get the most out of air cooling then, you need additional case fans, and the more fans you introduce into a system, the higher the likely noise output is.

You can't create or destroy energy (in this case heat) you can only change it's forms, and in both cases you have to dissipate the heat. In both instances (liquid and traditional air cooling) you're still ultimately using air to cool (that's what the radiator on liquid cooling is for), the liquid is only used to efficiently transfer the heat away from the CPU and inside of the case to the radiator (that's either on the outside, or that's mounted to blow all the hot air outside) the case.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I can't have my case open for a few liquid coolers that require it. Last time I did that a piece of dog hair flew into my PSU and a fire started. So would the Corsair he recommended be a good option for this since I just can't open my case or better yet leave it open. Also is this a good cooler I found it while I was looking at the V3, it seems to sorta use water and air at the same time.
http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Deta...812xs.html

I am starting to get interested in this Corsair H100 if I am right on how it works by bringing the heat to the fans to shoot it out the back of the computer.
I have been using the Corsair H80 for long time now and it have been pretty good. Initially I ordered the H100 but noticed my case didn't have the needed 240 mm for the fans and managed to change the order.

Now I ordered the Corsair Carbide 400r case (at transit yet) because the second video card is too near the bottom wall and heating to much. If it does have the hole the liquid cooler is a good option (many are sealed) and the price is even smaller than the best air coolers. All you need is to have a 120 mm at the case rear or top... if it does not have ... well, better considering replacing the case if going to OC.

Edited: to add the case brand, although the brand is an option and that case seats on the midrange++ between the full tower high quality ones and the mid tower high quality it is one the best cost wise. Besides, it makes the internal looks so clean, and makes so easy to mount/handle the devices.
Imagination is where we are truly real