Best emu/system to play GTA on
Hi I want to play through LCS and VCS again.
rpcs3 [ps2 classics] or PCSX2 or PPSSPP or IOS?

Which do you believe would look the best [I have a gtx 1080 / i7 6700k so perf. shouldn't be an issue] I'm trying them on PCSX2 and they run perfect but blurry af; even though I'm emulating 3840x2160.
I know VCS and LCS had built in blur effects etc that look terrible; any hack to disable them? Or which version do you believe is the best  to run.
In the ipad screenshots it doesn't look nearly as blurry

Sponsored links

IMHO, if you already own them in PS2 version, no need top buy them for PSP, PS3 or IOS...
but the best version would of course be the PSP one.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Why the psp one?
Running LCS in nox looks much better than the ps2 version [no artifacts, hd fonts and icons and removed the blurring and has farther load distance]
However there's no aa filter or aa emulation
and there's the giant touch icons; and worse controls as the game doesn't natively support a gamepad
Because it's a PSP game, and others versions are just plain ports.

But again, if you own them for PS2, no need to buy them again on IOS, android or PSP
pcsx2 emulates those games quite well if you have a powerful PC (and you do).
PPSSPP wins by a long shot. The PS2 ports have garbage performance so even if you get fullspeed on them in pcsx2, you'll get ugly blurry graphics and tons of bad framedrops anyway cuz that's how they were on the actual PS2.
But vice city stories had more content on ps2 version? like stunts/rampages etc
and the psp lcs is 1.4gb but ps2 4.4gb android was 1.5~gb
psp audio better than ps2 and there's not the terrible blurring effect but the textures are like 8x8 terrible
android obviously best; too bad vcs was only on iphone
Then play jour ps2 verdion.
Pop your DVD in and give pcsx2 a go. You'll see if it's enjoyable enough for you.
And if not, you can still replay it on your PS2 Wink
https://imgur.com/a/s6Zh1
any idea how to remove the blurring on ps2? its worst in vehicles; the blurring is similar to the blurring on the GTA3 pc games
because psp looks terrible and android no controller support
Use half-pixel offset in GSdx.