Best laptop for PS2 emulation
First of all, you can build your desktop for cheaper yet better performance.
but if you really want a laptop, then you might want to customize one online, they let you choose your cpu up to 3920xm or something, again you have to find out yourself, i think it is better to customize your laptop online if you have more than 1200 dollars, which in your case it is. Though you can also find branded ones like asus g75, MSI GT70, or a lower budget one y580(840 dollars with tax probably 920ish) contains gtx 660m GDDR5 2G which is not a crippled version like the previous gen y570, but stay away from y480 though. With the price you give, I dont really think you need to worry about getting a decent one....

Sponsored links

My Y570 is hardly "crippled", especially compared to my desktop at home. I can run PCSX2, Dolphin, Skyrim, 3DS Studio Max 64-bit, etc perfectly fine.

Final Fantasy X? Full speed, tested without speed hacks
Grandia 3, only MTVU enabled, full speed
Star Ocean 3, same as above, full speed
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, full speed, MTVU hack enabled
Grandia 2, also full speed, no MTVU

Wait a second, didn't I see you on the Ngemu forums....?
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
Yeah well I dont post a lot on forums if you are talking about me, I remember I registered to Ngemu forum just to ask a guy named the_randomizer who also happens to have y570 i7 version, this laptop scores 87% in cooling according to notebookcheck.net, and him and another guy also recommend me to buy this laptop at that time. To be honest, it gets its job done, but nothing more really. The video card is a GT540m but with GDDR5 memory and also can clocked higher. And i read somewhere if you install a minipci msata ssd on the back of the y570, the 3d mark performance scores can hit up to 1800! But I just think this is a waste because the GPU is still the bottleneck of this laptop.
(09-12-2012, 06:38 AM)jaren Wrote: Yeah well I dont post a lot on forums if you are talking about me, I remember I registered to Ngemu forum just to ask a guy named the_randomizer who also happens to have y570 i7 version, this laptop scores 87% in cooling according to notebookcheck.net, and him and another guy also recommend me to buy this laptop at that time. To be honest, it gets its job done, but nothing more really. The video card is a GT540m but with GDDR5 memory and also can clocked higher. And i read somewhere if you install a minipci msata ssd on the back of the y570, the 3d mark performance scores can hit up to 1800! But I just think this is a waste because the GPU is still the bottleneck of this laptop.

Yeah.....that was me, and I know I didn't get the best of the best, because I was on a budget. But the Y570 isn't bad at all, the one I got has a GT555M, which runs just fine.
Custom Desktop
yes, mine is gt555m as well, but if you do some research closely, it is actually a gt540m(96 shaders cores) but with GDDR5 bandwidth and can clock higher. The thing is the card is not even a GT550M, because in dell laptop a GT550M has 144 cores, but lower clock speed, which is actually a true GT555m, yeah it is so confusing the way they name it. And that is you? I thought you called Randomizer.....
Nope, that was me. But I've derailed enough here and I will cease posting on this thread.
Custom Desktop
Heart 
Don't fight with each other, because we're all here to learn from each other and increase our EXP points about PS2 emulation.
SmileRolleyesBiggrinRolleyesSmile
I wasn't fighting, but whatevs
Custom Desktop