Best laptop for PS2 emulation
PCSX2 is more dependent on the CPU than the GPU, but both components are incontrovertibly important.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio

Sponsored links

(09-11-2012, 04:59 AM)Starscream Wrote: Simply put, the highest number i5-3xxx CPU you can find with the highest number GTX6xx GPU you can find.

this lol
Question 
(09-11-2012, 08:52 AM)nintendo85 Wrote: PCSX2 is more dependent on the CPU than the GPU, but both components are incontrovertibly important.

When I'm using PCSX2, the CPU usage in the TASK MANAGER window is about 30 to 40 %. Huh
Why PCSX2 can't use more percentage of my CPU?
UnsureRolleyesUnsure
Leave this type of thing to me, i know more about these things. Laugh <<< Just kidding <<<
Okay, first you are gonna pay about 2000$ right?
Then, get a Laptop with an i5 3rd Generation (3xxxM).
For GPU, if you want an AMD/ATI GPU then atleast get an 7000m series card
if you want an Nvidia card then get an GTX 600m series card.
(09-11-2012, 05:33 AM)tallbender Wrote: don't try to get the "QM" models almost all of them has very low on basic clock speed and hi-temps potential.
Nope, QM models are good they use less volts so you battery backup will also be good, but they can't be oced
Lost in the Vastness of Mugen.
(09-11-2012, 09:51 AM)Atlus Wrote: When I'm using PCSX2, the CPU usage in the TASK MANAGER window is about 30 to 40 %. Huh
Why PCSX2 can't use more percentage of my CPU?
UnsureRolleyesUnsure

You can't really control that, you don't want it to use 100% of the CPU, as it would cause problems. Plus, it depends how many cores it uses, as version 1.0 can't use more than three cores at a time, which is plenty.
Custom Desktop
(09-11-2012, 10:11 AM)harsh60 Wrote: Nope, QM models are good they use less volts so you battery backup will also be good, but they can't be oced
I thought they auto-oc'd depending on CPU load?
My i5-3210M does (from 2.5GHz to 3.1GHz) so I'd assume that the i7-QM models do exactly the same.

As to whether you need an i7, you may not since PCSX2 can't utilise more than 3 core I believe (if you use the MTVU hack) but if you intend to use it for gaming other than PCSX2, then get something like that. But you'll definitely want a good Nvidia GTX (Intel IGPs suck for texture rendering and cause missing textures in some games).
Acer Aspire V3-571
CPU: Intel i5-3210M @ 3.1GHz (overclocked)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (up to 1760MB)
RAM: 6 GB DDR3

Playing: FFX-2
Heart 
Thanks for your nice comments.
SmileLaughSmile
Meh, Core i7 QMs run PCSX2 just fine with the MTVU speed hack. Three cores are used instead of just two.
Custom Desktop
well, if you have 2200+ to burn for a gaming laptop, at least get a quad core ivy bridge and a gtx670m+, with that amount, u wont have much problem. Now when you look at a laptop, I think first look at specs then the second most important thing is temperature. Notebookcheck is a good website for in depth reviews of branded laptops, you will find that they use percentages to indicate the important things in the notebook they review internally, these of course include performance and temperature. I suggest you go for one with at least 85% or above for temperature, that means u use the temperature factor to narrow down your high end system. Now you can also go for customize laptops like Clevo and other customizable brands online to select your cpu, gpu, harddrive, Rams and everythings else, they also let you choose your thermal pastes(like ic diamond on both cpu and gpu), while some even let you choose whether to use copper heat sink system or not. Again with that price you wont have much problem configure a strong and well heat dissipated one. I myself use the i7 2670qm and a GT555m gddr5 1G card(which really just a fast and more bandwith gt540m, oc a bit to over 900mhz core speed, and 1650mhz in memory speed, will run without throttling even on loads). The 2670qm is 2.8G on four cores while running programs. With speed hacks on, I can run game like GT4 on 2 players split screen 60fps stable(native resolution) and the cpu temperature never exceed 75 degrees, just make sure u use your discrete card and right settings. Of course with the price range of yours your system will be much faster than mine so.....
Question 
Hey guys if I give 500$ from my uncle and add it to my 2200$, I will have 2700$. SmileBiggrinSmile
So which laptop is the best choice with 2700$?
UnsureRolleyesUnsure