Best settings for 5600x & RTX3070
Hi guys,

I'm trying to play with the best possible configuration for my PC (Ryzen 5600x and Nvidia RTX 3070), my monitor is 1440p 144Hz.

I know that it depends on each game, in my case for example I'm trying to play as good as possible TLOTR: The Third Age but there's no guide for v1.7.xxx... 

Could you recommend me the best GSdx settings taking into account my PC components? Based in your personal opinion of course!  Biggrin

Should I use Vulkan even my graphic card is Nvidia and not AMD?

Thank you so much!

Sponsored links

best is to use default settings
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-28-2022, 06:43 PM)jesustmac Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm trying to play with the best possible configuration for my PC (Ryzen 5600x and Nvidia RTX 3070), my monitor is 1440p 144Hz.

I know that it depends on each game, in my case for example I'm trying to play as good as possible TLOTR: The Third Age but there's no guide for v1.7.xxx... 

Could you recommend me the best GSdx settings taking into account my PC components? Based in your personal opinion of course!  Biggrin

Should I use Vulkan even my graphic card is Nvidia and not AMD?

Thank you so much!

So as the user above me suggested, use the defaults as far as general settings go (Config>General Settings).
Making sure you have "Automatic Game Fixes" applied. I've personally found that having "MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1)", found in Speedhacks , will give me some performance boost. It's a recommended setting if you have multiple core CPU. 

Being that you specifically mentioned your GPU and monitor resolution ... I suspect that you are more or less looking for the upgraded visuals. Config > Graphics Settings
Personally these are my settings that I typically run for the games that I play (SOCOM and Metal Gear Franchises)

Renderer: Direct3D 11
Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti
Texture Filtering: Bilinear (PS2)
Internal Resolution: 3x Native (~1080p)
Anisotropic Filtering: 4x

You can swap between Software and HW Rendering with [F9]
If you encounter any issues with the gameplay be sure to report it correctly so that any fixes can be applied.