Best settings for FF12 and KH
Computer is a

Dell xps 1530
intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz (pcsx2 reads it as 2.396)
8600m gt 256mb
4 gb ram
windows vista sp 1

Okay. For kingdom hearts things are rather strange. I run pcsx2 in windows xp mode, and I use peops in thread mode. And well I'm in destiny island get mixed results. I run everyone on dx9 because dx10 makes it slower. But here it is I use the default plugins in 9.6 the gdsx 890 (msvc) and I switch out between sss2 and sss3. On the later the graphics look fine. But lag majorly in destiny lslands when facing the rock from the island where riku is, or if I jump any where near it the fps goes from 60 to 30. Really weird. And then I run it on ssse2, and it runs fast even when facing that island, just drops to 55-45. But the graphics then start looking all choppy and distored. Can anyone please tell me what settings to use, and for ff12 to run it the fullest on my system? I tried everything, but nada.

Sponsored links

One last thing, I use lilypad, and an xbox 360 controllers plugged i. But I dunno, I'm having trouble on the left stick, when I try to make sora run to the left , but whille going left and going up some, he stops moving and I get killed alot. How do I fix that?
Well since you tested different possibilities in graphics already you'll have to choose which to run Tongue As a rule in the SSE modes if your CPU handles a higher number go for it so the SSSE3 one should be best for you, havent heard of any specific errors with SSSE3 vs SSE2 so it's weird on that. To try to get higher speed just enable some speedhacks in the "config > speed hacks" it should be safe on the KH games to use "x2 cycle rate" and "Vu cycle stealing" set to slight or moderate and the rest enabled.

On the controller well try configuring the axis again or try gabests's "xpad" plugin maybe you'll get better reuslts

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Still nothing. I see people with lesser strong systems then mine and they ran it perfect. I'd like more help. > <
For KH on the latest beta I have enabled all speed hacks and has set VU Cycle Stealing to moderate (large also works but when loading savestates and alike the graphics are screwed, but opening the menu and closing it again fixes it).

I also noticed a slowdown when facing the big island from where Riku is standing, but since I had a custom resolution (1680x1050) I used this place to configure what custom resolution performed best (even if the FPS difference wasn't big). But the VU Cycle Stealing in the latest beta really fixed any FPS problems I had before, might do the same for you.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the LilyPad sensitivity problem (I had it as well) was easily fixed by setting the sensitivity on all the sticks to ~1.381. No more suddenly walking while running around a foe in circles. Tongue
what gds where you using?
GSdx r.1426, SSSE3 & Dx10. Though I haven't really noticed any performance impact from the one included in the latest beta package and one of the latest revisions released.
Lol it must be because you use a quad core.
(06-29-2009, 05:25 PM)Akira420 Wrote: Lol it must be because you use a quad core.

pcsx2 currently uses 2 cores max, only the software mode of gsdx is able to make use of more. post your exact settings, but keep in mind that mobile computers usually perform worse than similar desktops and in addition to that they tend to overheat quite fast when faced with something demanding like pcsx2.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
The specs are Dell xps 1530
intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz (pcsx2 reads it as 2.396)
8600m gt 256mb
4 gb ram
windows vista sp 1

And I'm using the latest plugins and the beta, and I got kh working at a constant working speed even when facing that rock in destiny islands. But not I have an issue with Final fantasy 12. Its always at a 60-50 fps, but now in cut scenes it seems fast, but then it dies down to 25 fps an audios messes up. It constantly goes from 25-50 in cut scenes. I got kh to work good, but with my rig, what do I have to do>? Because people with laptops have gotten it to work, even the cutscenes.