Best settings for Jak and Daxter (2021)?
This is the first time using this emulator, so I'm a bit baffled. I'm trying to play Jak and Daxter, the game loads ok, but has weird lagging issues that makes it unplayable. It will run fine for a couple of minutes, then go slow for around 30 seconds. When it happens when someone is talking it hurts my head. I googled the issue, and there does seem to be quite a few settings that need changing.

The posters seem to have fixed their issues, I've tried to follow what they did, but it either does nothing or makes it worse depending on the setting. I think the issue is that the information online seems to range from 10 years ago to a couple of years ago. They all seem to be using previous versions of PCSX2 and older computers. Does anyone have any advice for the current version?
There was an issue with strange shadows but I've fixed that.
BTW- I'm using a Windows 10 laptop, with 8GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 3 3200U 2.6GHz processor, Radeon Vega Mobile Graphics Card.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-01-2021, 09:50 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

Thanks, I've found the file you're referring to but don't know what part to copy. I don't know what is causing the game to lag so would need to copy the whole file, which I don't think would be very useful in this situation. I don't there would be a specific error as I just need to find the most compatible settings for this game.
Has anyone had any luck with getting this game to run smoothly?
just attach the full file here, it'll be fine this way.
but honestly, so that you know, your laptop is about to be a bit sub par to run this game.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go