Best settings for Xenosaga 1 and 3 on my rig?
Okay so, let me start by saying that PCSX2 has so many options to tinker with and I don't know what most of them even do, so I'm basically left to just blindly change things until I get a good setting, which obviously isn't very reliable. My rig is as follows:

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM: 8 GB
Processor: AMD FX-8350 Eight Core
Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING MS-7693

In both games I can get the cutscenes to run decently, but it's definitely not optimal and the talking speed of the characters is about half of what it should be. In-game for Episode 1 (outside of cutscenes) is literally unplayable, it's super slow and choppy and the audio is all screwed up. I didn't try any battles or anything for Episode 3 yet. The menus for Ep 3 also run rather slowly with choppy audio.

So what's the optimal settings for these games? Which plugins should I be using and what should I try tweaking?

Sponsored links

keep in mind those games are very intensive cpu-wise
did you overclock your CPU at least to 4 Ghz ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I didn't. Not even sure how to do that.
an example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckeAmnDeTk

keep in mind it's highly recommended to get an aftermarket cooler to do so, and it's a risky operation (you can fry your CPU if you fail).
Don't even try if you don't know what you're doing.

The problem is your CPU is a bit weak for emulating intensive games through pcsx2.
overclocking it should help greatly, though
Yea these three games are one of the few games i will play exclusively on hardware. I once tried and made it through most of the first game before the save corrupted out of nowhere. (which might have been my old harddrive from the time) but i never once got above 30fps xD. Good luck.
[Image: xckarn-5.png]
Bleh. I wanted to write a guide on GameFAQs for 1 and 3 and include screenshots, hence why I wanted to use an emulator. But it's not worth possibly frying my computer over. 3 doesn't work right on my PS2 (I use a burned uncut English version and the music cuts out a LOT in disc 2, which ruins immersion, and I no longer have my original copy and I can't afford another one right now). Guess I'm screwed lol
Quote:and I no longer have my original copy
If you still need support, get back when you have it, then.