Best settings to get the most quality for my games?
Just looking for a way to get the best possible quality out of my emulator. My pc is able to run every game at 6x native guess I got a bit greedy for more Tongue

Here are my current settings: http://imgur.com/TvTzY2j,exotmCo#0

Beside those settings I downloaded PCSX2FX it looks really better with that but I'm just wondering if something exist that make it look even better.

Games would be FFX, FF12,Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2

Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

There is no golden setting for all games, Each game has its own quirks and as such will probably need different hacks to get them to look right
Defult is best.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Get SweetFX. it gives you some extra effects, you can also use it together with PCSX2FX.

(09-11-2013, 03:50 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: Defult is best.
He was looking for best quality, not for the best setting to run a game as stable as possible.
if you recommend default you will also recommend native PS2 resolution but that's not what he wants.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

(09-11-2013, 02:03 PM)Nexxxus Wrote: Get SweetFX. it gives you some extra effects, you can also use it together with PCSX2FX.

He was looking for best quality, not for the best setting to run a game as stable as possible.
if you recommend default you will also recommend native PS2 resolution but that's not what he wants.
ohh yeah thanks to correct me
to the op- enable shade boost and put all three sliders to 60(set as you want) then put 2x or 3x native resolution. It will increase your graphic quality.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(09-11-2013, 02:15 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: ohh yeah thanks to correct me
to the op- enable shade boost and put all three sliders to 60(set as you want) then put 2x or 3x native resolution. It will increase your graphic quality.

Technically shadeboost is also best applied to specific games. For example, the Legend of Spyro games look good with a saturation of 70 and contrast of 60, that gives them a darker, more gloomy feel to their mostly overbright worlds. Granted, some places become hard to see as well but i always liked dark lighting with pockets of light.