Best settings to reduce lag in Tenkaichi 3 split screen? HELP!
So basically I'm using PCSX2 to play Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and everything runs fine until I get into split screen. This is a huge problem because it's the main thing I do in the game.

So I get 60 fps in singleplayer but 30-40 in split screen. One thing to note is that when the characters are far away from each other, the FPS can reach 60 fps. I started using Direct 3D 11 in Hardware mode with all the settings at the lowest. I then tried software mode, and found that it would be slightly faster than Hardware mode if I have 6 "rendering threads".

I've tried googling for days now and messing with every setting but I can't seem to work out how to make it that little bit faster to make the game playable. If there's nothing more I can do I'd have to upgrade my computer, if so, would I need a new graphics card or simply more RAM?

Thanks very much to any help, this has been a huge problem for a while now and this thread is my last resort.

My Specs:
HP Pavilion Dv6 with
Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz
4 GB Ram
Graphics card: Radeon HD 7690M XT

P.S. I wouldn't think my PC should be a problem since it can run games like Crysis 3 with no lag.

Sponsored links

Quote:If there's nothing more I can do I'd have to upgrade my computer, if so, would I need a new graphics card or simply more RAM?
more a better CPU... 2.20 Ghz is a bit weak for for BT3 in 2 players mode (which can be very demanding)
Quote:P.S. I wouldn't think my PC should be a problem since it can run games like Crysis 3 with no lag.
Crysis 3 isn't an emulated ps2 game, it's a native PC game. Comparing them is a ridiculous nonsense.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-06-2013, 01:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: more a better CPU... 2.20 Ghz is a bit weak for for BT3 in 2 players mode (which can be very demanding)
Crysis 3 isn't an emulated ps2 game, it's a native PC game. Comparing them is a ridiculous nonsense.

Oh I see. Aren't there any emulator settings I can change? As I find it strange split screen is so demanding when single player is so smooth, can't I like half the game's graphics or something? And is there any way to increase the CPU speed or (I don't know much about this) dedicate more cores to the game or something considering my computer supposedly has 8 and I saw a post saying PCSX2 only requires 3.

(Sorry if that's a nooby question)
your CPU has 4 physical cores with Hyper threading (4 virtual cores)
allowing more cores is what you have done when using software mode.

Decreasing internal res will lower graphics, and load on your GpU, but not on your CPU.

you can try some speedhacks combinations to see if it gets better. But I'm affraid your real PS2 is the best bet with that kind of CPU Sad
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I think that processor turbos up to 3.3Ghz, might be a bios setting?? I really don't know.
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS
@HeadbangingLegend There is a way to make splitscreen in this game as light as single playerTongue, if you use my modded GSdx plugin it has an extra optional skipdraw hack to turn off character shading(and alot of other improvement which couldn't be included in official version), graphics will not be so nice anymore without this shading, but it'll be really light. You can find the plugin in my sig.
(10-06-2013, 05:09 AM)miseru99 Wrote: @HeadbangingLegend There is a way to make splitscreen in this game as light as single playerTongue, if you use my modded GSdx plugin it has an extra optional skipdraw hack to turn off character shading(and alot of other improvement which couldn't be included in official version), graphics will not be so nice anymore without this shading, but it'll be really light. You can find the plugin in my sig.

Thank you very much! It's a little confusing though. Like do I use the sse2 sse3 or sse4?
That depends on what your cpu supports, there are no differences except optimization to the code SSE2 will work on pretty much anything PCSX2 supports, but since your CPU should support all of them SSE4 or AVX will be best(AVX only speeds up software mode, but for HW it still uses SSE4 optimizations). The potential difference in speed depends on the game and is not really important most of the time. Oh and the HW hack which will disable shading(speeding up splitscreen) is named as Speedhack-CRC under hardware hacks.

Edit: you can also use Agressive-CRC there to disable cel-shading which doesn't always look good as my plugin mod concentrates on restoring removed effectsTongue. You should also use either native res multiplier(ie x2, x3... and soo) or use TC offset hack with custom res(but not bothTongue) since it restores post processing effects that normally are missplaced with upscalling(none of those solutions need to be used for native res).
You're very helpful! I feel like such an idiot saying this but I can't even find where the "hardware hacks" is
Same place they originally were - in GSdx config:3, you have to check "enable HW hacks" then click "configure" near it.

Here're settings:

And here how the game works with it in splitscreen:

PAL version so 50fps = maxSmile

And that's how it looks without Speedhack-CRC:

Typical splitscreen lag

So don't forget to turn this hack off for single player to keep pretty graphicsTongue.