Best way to use a PS3 controller?
PCSX2 seems to perform fairly well on my new laptop, but I'm a little confused about a few things, namely getting a controller to work. I did this forever ago on another computer, but I was using MotionJoy, which has since been outed as a dangerous malware. I don't want to use that again, for obvious reasons.

So now, I need a new program to use in its place.

I followed this guide, but it did absolutely nothing.

Finally, I'm unsure about using it wirelessly via Bluetooth. From what I understand, my laptop (rMBP) has built in Bluetooth. Do I even need to buy a dongle or anything then?

Sponsored links

As far as whether you need to use a dongle, it depends on if your device ID is supported by drivers.

Follow this steps exactly and it should work: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

That's what I use with my dual shock 3 and it is excellent.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-19-2014, 06:09 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: As far as whether you need to use a dongle, it depends on if your device ID is supported by drivers.

Follow this steps exactly and it should work: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

That's what I use with my dual shock 3 and it is excellent.

Thanks, I'll give that guide a thorough look tomorrow and see if I can get it up. How do I know whether or not my device ID is supported though?
Because there is a list of supported IDs on the page.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Okay, that guide seems like complete jibberish. I downloaded the Driver package like I was supposed to. I downloaded the 360 controller drivers like I was supposed to. Then I ran the SCPDriver app and literally nothing happened, even though it said the install was successful.

At least MotionJoy was really easy to use and set up...

And please tell me how in the world I'm supposed to know which of those IDs my computer has.
1. Install VC 2013 Redist (x86)
2. Install .NET 4.0 if you don't already have it
3. Install X360 Accessories
4. Follow steps under "New Install"
5. Reboot

to check ID:

Windows key + R
type devmgmt.msc in box and press enter
Find device in device manager
right click it
properties
go to details tab
change property to "Hardware ID"