Beta/SVN or Stable?
I've been messing around with PCSX2 and have been playing few games lately. One question that has been on my mind however is about the SVN builds. Should I be using the beta/SVN over the current stable build or does it really not matter?

Sponsored links

SVN builds right now (2012-07) are quite stable, and _probably_ better than the 0.98 release. That may and will change in the future, however.
(07-08-2012, 02:07 AM)avih Wrote: SVN builds right now (2012-07) are quite stable, and _probably_ better than the 0.98 release. That may and will change in the future, however.

Right on. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have both then just in case. Thanks for the quick response.

EDIT: Oh, is there any way I can get the beta builds to update (automatically?) when there is a new one released? I thought Tortoise SVN would do the trick for that but I am totally unsure.
Tortoise SVN is for source not for compiled program:].

But it's not really worth updating every new revision as long as you just want to play your games and not test each of those new changes. When any shocking wonder feature will be released it'll surely be aloud of it and hard to miss it(like it was with MTvu;P). Most changes are not visible for normal users yet still can increase savestate version which literally makes your previous savestates invalid. Automated update would really be more bothersome than usefull;].
(07-08-2012, 02:50 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Tortoise SVN is for source not for compiled program:].

But it's not really worth updating every new revision as long as you just want to play your games and not test each of those new changes. When any shocking wonder feature will be released it'll surely be aloud of it and hard to miss it(like it was with MTvu;P). Most changes are not visible for normal users yet still can increase savestate version which literally makes your previous savestates invalid. Automated update would really be more bothersome than usefull;].

Ah, makes sense. Thanks again. Smile