Better off on Mac Os or with Parallels?
(11-17-2013, 06:57 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: FFXII isn't that demanding except for fmv's. The thing about turbo boost is that the turbo clock goes down for every additional core being used. 3.5GHz is only going to apply when using a single core but it will drop when using more than that.

Does this mean the MTVU speed hack won't help much in my case?

Sponsored links

It will help a lot but you wont be running at 3,5ghz. Depending on the game you play you may or may not get full speed
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I think you'll be fine in most things. BTW I have looked EVERYWHERE and can't find out the actual CPU model in that thing. Everywhere just 4th gen i7 quad core @ 2.3GHZ

BTW it says this on the apple site:

"Configurable to 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache."

Sooo... I wouldn't be too afraid to set that, since it says it on Apple's site.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I've finally found some time to study the official Pcsx2 official guide and I started trying configurations with Final Fantasy XII International. I've only played 5 minutes, and the game was really fluid, and I was pleased.
Then I've tried tinkering with the graphic plugin. ... HOLY S**T, the game looked amazing!!
I'm using the aggressive preset, with high settings in the graphic and audio option, and everything works great. I imagine there will be moments in the game where I'll have to settle down a bit, but my machine is doing a great job, and I'm very glad about it.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions Smile

P.S.
I apologise for going off-topic for a moment, but I tried everything and searched the forum, without luck.
In Final Fantasy XII International everything looks great, except the text, which is blurry. No setting is helping.
Any suggestion?
(11-19-2013, 11:56 PM)cloudfe Wrote: I've finally found some time to study the official Pcsx2 official guide and I started trying configurations with Final Fantasy XII International. I've only played 5 minutes, and the game was really fluid, and I was pleased.
Then I've tried tinkering with the graphic plugin. ... HOLY S**T, the game looked amazing!!
I'm using the aggressive preset, with high settings in the graphic and audio option, and everything works great. I imagine there will be moments in the game where I'll have to settle down a bit, but my machine is doing a great job, and I'm very glad about it.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions Smile

P.S.
I apologise for going off-topic for a moment, but I tried everything and searched the forum, without luck.
In Final Fantasy XII International everything looks great, except the text, which is blurry. No setting is helping.
Any suggestion?

Why are you using the aggressive preset? Does it not run okay without it? It should.

Yep, the text is gonna be blurry, make sure texture filtering is checkmarked(not empty or shaded) in GSDX settings. That's about the best you can do. Or you might prefer it on shaded mode, which only does 3d and not 2d textures. This will look pixely. Pixely or blurry, your choice Smile
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'm going to find out which one is more irritating for me and then I'll choose (but I'll survive).

Thanks again for the help Smile