Beyond Good And Evil slowdown and flickering on software
Ok, new issue. The sea is blood red. I don't know if it will hinder gameplay (may obscure water-based threats like mines etc) but doesn't seem gamebreaking. Just.... odd.
[Image: dIugPSR.png]

Ship texture also looks a little rough but I don't know if that's just the game or what

Sponsored links

(06-16-2018, 09:33 PM)chrisjfinlay Wrote: Ship texture also looks a little rough but I don't know if that's just the game or what

Maybe you should try launching the game on your ps2 to check out, but i think it's the right texture.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-16-2018, 09:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Maybe you should try launching the game on your ps2 to check out, but i think it's the right texture.

Sadly my PS2 has been out of use for a while =/ not 100% sure what's wrong with it but it refuses to read anything. That's why I'm here! Trying to keep some of my favourite games alive until such times as I can get round to fixing it.
unfortunately this game seems to have always been broken (switching VU recompilers makes things worse) and we're not exactly sure why it's happening.

You can follow the issue ongoing here, but don't expect progress to be quick: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1986
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yes, this game is picky to run and unfortunately have multiples issues (I will update my report which lacks some issues) and about the speed impact, I recomand you to set the vu cycle stealing to 1. Also, the red water issue don't happen in all water related section but only on large areas. And the chip texture is a real issue.
Also before I forget, did you enconter voices bugs in the house and the 1st factory?
(06-21-2018, 01:38 PM)Atomic83 Wrote: Yes, this game is picky to run and unfortunately have multiples issues (I will update my report which lacks some issues) and about the speed impact, I recomand you to set the vu cycle stealing to 1. Also, the red water issue don't happen in all water related section but only on large areas. And the chip texture is a real issue.
Also before I forget, did you enconter voices bugs in the house and the 1st factory?

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home. I've been making a lot of progress on the game regardless so definitely in a very playable state!

Red water definitely happens more in large sea areas, sure. Haven't noticed in the smaller river sections like in the city.

Don't remember any voice bugs, no.