Big FPS Drop with video
Well indeed, i have the exact slowdown too ... once you get to see that car at the menu !!

Maybe you need to pick an faster car Laugh

By adjust VU stealing to 1 i get back full speed...

EDIT: major slowdowns in other parts of the game to_O!

Now i have noticed that my GS% wos arround 80% 0_0 whitout VU stealing hack... with VU to 1 GS%=50 - 60% !!

EDIT 2: using VU Steal 1 + Skipdraw GSdx hack = FULL fps here ^^ in menus and Game aswell

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1

Sponsored links

(12-23-2012, 11:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it's normal since you have a quad core, and pcsx2 uses 2 cores (3 if using MTVU hack). Means those 25% left stand for your 4th idle core)

that's not necessarily correct. dunno if this is a real work of a good internal thread dispatcher and i may be stupid to compare cause i have that exact 3 cores but the threaded load seem to distribute across all cores and loads up completely, no matter if it's EE, VU or GS. if not i'd get 75% EE load, 100% for VU and 25% on the GS core. which is not the case. i get 100% on all, far from what the pcsx GUI says. just wanted to point on that lil phenomenon. Closedeyes
(12-23-2012, 11:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: (3 if using MTVU hack).

errr... according to pcsx2 ... atleast 3+ , hence + sighn !!
(12-24-2012, 12:52 AM)Metagondria Wrote: Well indeed, i have the exact slowdown too ... once you get to see that car at the menu !!

Maybe you need to pick an faster car Laugh

By adjust VU stealing to 1 i get back full speed...

EDIT: major slowdowns in other parts of the game to_O!

Now i have noticed that my GS% wos arround 80% 0_0 whitout VU stealing hack... with VU to 1 GS%=50 - 60% !!

EDIT 2: using VU Steal 1 + Skipdraw GSdx hack = FULL fps here ^^ in menus and Game aswell

cherriepoppers,

OK I'll check that out in a second I'm still in bed at the moment it's 10:44 in Englandland.

What does the GS percentage actually mean? I'm pretty sure it's to do with the graphics rendering as in GS -> GSdx but I'm not sure as to what it's a percentage of, I would think it's the GPU but I'm not sure. I'm really not very good at this Tongue .
(12-24-2012, 12:49 PM)frasmacon Wrote: OK I'll check that out in a second I'm still in bed at the moment it's 10:44 in Englandland.

What does the GS percentage actually mean? I'm pretty sure it's to do with the graphics rendering as in GS -> GSdx but I'm not sure as to what it's a percentage of, I would think it's the GPU but I'm not sure. I'm really not very good at this Tongue .

If i have to guess.. gs stands for Graphics Shader.. (Pixel shader 2.0) and has an affinity with the GPU functionality ...

But then again , in software mode of this particular game the GS percentage goes through the roof ... while in SWmode the cpu ought to take all the heat and does all the work which the gpu normaly does !!

cherriepoppers,
GS actually stands for Graphics Synthesizer not Shader. It was the name of the original unit and has nothing to do with the affinity to your GPU's functionality ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-24-2012, 12:52 AM)Metagondria Wrote: using VU Steal 1 + Skipdraw GSdx hack = FULL fps here ^^ in menus and Game aswell

How do I do Skipdraw GSdx hack?

EDIT: Found it!, Now how do I use it...
tick the hw hacks box, change the skipdraw box to 1, thats it Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-24-2012, 03:36 PM)refraction Wrote: tick the hw hacks box, change the skipdraw box to 1, thats it Tongue

Sweeet. Right have a few problems and they're quite similar to the guy on the other thread also playing NFS UG2 (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Emulator-...#pid274736). Infact they're same. I'm just playing with different settings and I'll post pics
PICTURE TIME Laugh

OK, all of these are 2 VU Steal and I've just changed skipdraw.

1 Skipdraw

2 Skipdraw, minor issues with semi transparent things (bank and music player(not shown) and this strange border thing)

3 Skip same as 2 but dial was flickering just like bank thing.

And now we get to 4 skipdraw where the fireworks start Tongue

Same place with pause menu