Big FPS Drop with video
(12-24-2012, 10:34 PM)Metagondria Wrote: Have played NFS the run on pc... and it's plain and simple CRAP ...
Its CRAP because, the game is pretty much strait forward and i completed in like 3 hours or so GlareGlareAngry

were you taking your time Laugh

Sponsored links

(12-24-2012, 11:47 PM)Blobby Wrote: were you taking your time Laugh

are you implying that it took me too long to play "NFS the rather short Run" through BlinkHuhMellow !?

WoW...just... WauW... how long did it take for you to complet the hit and Run game Laugh ?

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
(12-24-2012, 03:21 PM)refraction Wrote: GS actually stands for Graphics Synthesizer not Shader. It was the name of the original unit and has nothing to do with the affinity to your GPU's functionality ;p

Then, i stand corrected.. Closedeyes

Well... i DID took an gamble and GUESSED it did I not ?!!
hence, if i ever have to guess again...Laugh .. i"ll look your way retraction Glare

Now, that pretty much explains why i get to read such high %GS in SWmode ... hmmm!!

cherriePOOP
(12-24-2012, 10:34 PM)Metagondria Wrote: At this point, you could try SWmode !!!

but i WONDER WHAT CPU ON EARTH WILL RENDER THIS GAME AT AN DECENT SPEED !!!

This game is bugged, that simple...

I Render R&C just fine , which is an demanding game according to many members.

And i play R&C at near Full speed in SWmode, whileas with NFS uG2 i only can get as high as 20FPS in SWMODE Glare

That leads me to believe there must be quite some buggs at work here .

Buggs for the coders to SQUASH Tongue ASAP..

Underground 1 & 2 is one of the best games in the Series NFS !!

Have played NFS the run on pc... and it's plain and simple CRAP ...
Its CRAP because, the game is pretty much strait forward and i completed in like 3 hours or so GlareGlareAngry

cherriepoppers,
just tested, mine does...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-26-2012, 02:04 PM)jesalvein Wrote: just tested, mine does...

Realy...? How much FPS and have you had any graphic glitches ingame while in SWmode..

Like an colored bar flicker at the bottom of the screen in fullscreen ?

or better yet... SCREENS, SCREAMS and more CAPs i"d say Laugh

well iamm happy for you Glare ...

Just saying Tis ODD, if my system is good enough to run R&C and other demanding games at near full speed and in SWmode noless.
Then there must B quite some large buggs at work in nfs or pscx2 or Both!!!

cherriepoppers,
(12-24-2012, 10:34 PM)Metagondria Wrote: whileas with NFS uG2 i only can get as high as 20FPS in SWMODE Glare

Same Glare , which is annoying as it's teh only way to get rid of all the glitches.
whoops, sry...
I was talking about NFSU1.
there's actually a big problem with NFSU2 with mine too...

Strange thing is that in sw mode, I get all all values at the top of gsdx window near 5%. Sad
means it's not a CPU problem.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-26-2012, 08:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Strange thing is that in sw mode, I get all all values at the top of gsdx window near 5%. Sad
means it's not a CPU problem.

U sure bout that? Have you checked (double checked) GS% (percentage) ?

Over here the GS% in SWmode went up to like 80 - 90% in SWmode ingame NFS Uh2 Huh? EE (cpu) like very low 10 - 20% !!

I expected it to be the other way arround since i switched to SWmode !!

oh well ..

cherriepoppers,
(12-27-2012, 03:15 AM)Metagondria Wrote: U sure bout that? Have you checked (double checked) GS% (percentage) ?

Over here the GS% in SWmode went up to like 80 - 90% in SWmode ingame NFS Uh2 Huh? EE (cpu) like very low 10 - 20% !!

I expected it to be the other way arround since i switched to SWmode !!

oh well ..

cherriepoppers,

You missunderstand. All them values are CPU time, yours not the ps2. If any of them is in the high 90s, that part of the emulator is your bottleneck (unleaded its EE which is high because that is most of the emulator Tongue2). If none of them are near 100% and your fps is low, something outside of pcsx2 (drivers, other programs, other hardware etc) are slowing you down.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-27-2012, 03:52 AM)refraction Wrote: You missunderstand. All them values are CPU time, yours not the ps2. If any of them is in the high 90s, that part of the emulator is your bottleneck (unleaded its EE which is high because that is most of the emulator Tongue2). If none of them are near 100% and your fps is low, something outside of pcsx2 (drivers, other programs, other hardware etc) are slowing you down.

I always thought (so i have read somewhere) that high GS% is GPU related too !! Because of the upscaling in HWmode i see that going up from time to time !

Fyi, i do have fullspeed in HWmode ingame nfs uh2 ONLY when i use skipdraw HWhack !!

What does that tell ya ?

Also, i find it odd that for this SPECIFIC game all of sudden my drivers/hardware woud not be adequate anymore !!!

While it performs just splendid in other YET ALSO demanding games !!
cherriepoppers,