Big Framedrops and games running in Slowmo. Some help plz?
Hello i just started using pcsx2 a couple of days ago. i am trying to play all of the Gran Turismo games i have laying around for the ps2.
and i am experiencing huge frame drops and sometimes even slowmotion. Can someone provide me with the best settings for my system?

i Have:
Intel Core 2 Quad overclocked to 3,2Ghz.
8Gb ram.
Asus Nvidia Geforce GT730.
Win10 Pro.

Sponsored links

Get a decent GPU and you should be good to go
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-23-2018, 04:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Get a decent GPU and you should be good to go

I am trying to save up some money i could turn this thing into a monster if i want too. 
16 gb ram 
and a gt1030 or sum.
better proccessor too. 
but i got bills too pay Sad.
You are specifying what kind of gpu and how much ram you want but for emulation,the cpu is most important
The higher the number the better the results
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

pcsx2 requires 1600 for most games but there are some games that need above 2000
(12-23-2018, 04:48 PM)KailashTheRacer2000 Wrote: I am trying to save up some money i could turn this thing into a monster if i want too. 
16 gb ram 
and a gt1030 or sum.
better proccessor too. 
but i got bills too pay Sad.

Then keep playing it on your ps2 until you can afford bettet
(12-23-2018, 05:27 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Then keep playing it on your ps2 until you can afford bettet

cant find my ps2 havent used it in years its laying around in my house somewhere.
i just wanted some nostalgia and my pc should be able to handle it. so oke. i dont get it.
I'm sorry but it's a harsh reality that your PC is nowhere near strong enough for good PS2 emulation, at least on something as demanding as GT4.

all you can do is make sure GSDX is set to "native" resolution, large frame buffer is disabled and in the speedhacks section of the emulation settings make sure MTVU is enabled. Oh and if you haven't already make ISO's of your games with a program such as Imgburn, since reading from the disc introduces lag also.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Since you do have a decent CPU, you can opt in for software mode. Be careful, however, as this will really stress out the processor and will experience slowdown, especially in tracks like George V Paris.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(12-23-2018, 05:31 PM)KailashTheRacer2000 Wrote: i just wanted some nostalgia and my pc should be able to handle it.
If you think it should be able to handle it, i guess you know better than us how to configure the emulator, then.