Bios
Is there a place on the Pcsx2 website to get the latest bios?

What are some suggested plugins?

Sponsored links

Default plugins
Extract the bios from your ps2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Here you go :- http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...0-9-8#Bios

As said, the default ones are best, but you can change the GSDX SSE version i.e. the maximum version your PC Supports.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Use the plugins that came in the package when you downloaded PCSX2.

To get a bios, you have to follow this guide: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-to-...s-over-LAN

It's completely illegal to download a bios from the internet (even if you actually own a PS2), and no one here will tell you where to do that, so don't ask. They will, however, all be happy to point you to the above link on dumping the bios from your PS2 (which unfortunately requires modding your PS2), as that's the normal and the legal method of obtaining a PS2 bios.

Clonkex
Why wouldn't a bios come with PCSX2? If the bios is ilegal to get for free why is psx2 legal?
PS2 BIOS is Sony's property while PCSX2 is an open source project.
(10-03-2012, 12:45 PM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: PS2 BIOS is Sony's property while PCSX2 is an open source project.

That is my point. Why would the developers go to the trouble to build PCSX and not develop a bios for the project? That is kind of silly isn't it? i am glad they did it though.

Is it illegal to give someone a copy of your bios?
I'll leave it to the devs to answer then, but I seriously respected their works on emulator.

Edit: Yes, it is illegal. All of the BIOS files MUST came from your OWN PlayStation 2 console.
(10-03-2012, 12:49 PM)stevenmw Wrote: That is my point. Why would the developers go to the trouble to build PCSX and not develop a bios for the project? That is kind of silly isn't it?

Or maybe it's a difficult task to do and could take a long period of time to achieve. Extracting the BIOS from a PS2 is far more convenient and much quicker.
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
(10-03-2012, 12:52 PM)Rolento Wrote: Or maybe it's a difficult task to do and could take a long period of time to achieve. Extracting the BIOS from a PS2 is far more convenient and much quicker.

You never know.