Bios
then you didn't watch the videos I showed

Sponsored links

I think "Swap Magic" works for bios dump. Just type it in a search engine. No crazy mods to PS2 required.
What videos?

Yeah but it costs money. I looked at it yesterday.

Clonkex
I paid $4
Oh I found the videos (entirely by accident, as it happens). What about if I have a slim PS2 with the fliptop lid (I think it's a 9000)?

Oh? Where did you buy it from?

Clonkex
There's a tutorial for that

I bought it from Gamestop
(10-04-2012, 01:55 AM)Clonkex Wrote: I'm fairly certain it would be illegal to develop an imitation PS2 bios. The bios is effectively the "key" that allows the simulation PS2 hardware to work. I don't think Sony would like it if we copied their bios. They probably tolerate us copying their hardware because it still requires a dumped PS2 bios to be legal, but if we took that away they might kill the PCSX2 project. Forcing users to dump their own PS2 bios means there's some sort of legality to the project.

Clonkex

It's not illegal if you develop it from scratch. It has been done in the past for other emus (dolphin, project64, etc...)
An HLE emulator had started a while ago, but it has been canceled AFAIK.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:There's a tutorial for that

Link please?

Quote:I bought it from Gamestop

Oh ok I'll have a look Smile

Quote:It's not illegal if you develop it from scratch. It has been done in the past for other emus (dolphin, project64, etc...)
An HLE emulator had started a while ago, but it has been canceled AFAIK.

Really? I didn't think you'd be allowed to do that sort of thing. Surely it'd be a breach of copyright, since you're effectively remaking the PS2 but slightly different?
look at previous link I provided
Ah I didn't realise the second video was using the slim PS2. But what's with watching him play through that game? It's not really a tutorial, it just shows him playing a game and then doing stuff with FMCB. How did he get that far?

Just checked and I have a 7000 series.

Clonkex