Bios doesn't appear/work
Hello Folks,

First of all thank you so much for making/sharing this wonderful program. I saw the video on you tube which explained how to config PCSX2 and had some links for the BIOs, but the BIOs does not appear when configuring PCSX2?

the bios file does not appear to be a bin file, just a file, do I need to change the bios file to a bin file??? Thanks again! Cheers to all!

Sponsored links

Code:
some links for the BIOs
Well the thread will get closed really fast with a warning for you for warez stuff, but to get working bios, dump it from your own ps2, read the guide which can help you doing it.
Now that he has the BIOS but he still does not know how to use it. Do you really expect he is able to dump it from his PS2, miseru?
Well, I can see the above poster is being very helpful, but I would like to input my two cents:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - most likely you didn't know this as it was not said anywhere on the video, but downloading the BIOS from the internet is illegal (And could get you a huge lawsuit from Sony). You should immediately delete the file off your HDD and instead, you'll need to extract your BIOS from your own PS2. I actually used a modchip (Which I use for backups, people Tongue), although a better method (using items you probably have around the house if you own a PS2) can be found here.

Once you extract your BIOS from your PS2, it will include multiple files. Toss those all in your BIOS folder, and you should be good to go!
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
@Livy - obviously he had downloaded bios, which could simply not be a bios or be corrupted, he knew what to do with it, but it didn't worked, soo as long as he get's his own bios and dumps it correctly I guess he'll not have problems. And no, I don't think he is able to dump bios on his own, that's why I linked a guide in my post. Actually the very same MyDreamName later linked^_^. We do have guide for pretty much everything here and they are exactly ment for people that "are unable to" do it on their own.
the bios has to be dumped off your console REALY
but since my ps2 had since been smashed to peices i had to use a 'friends' bios Tongue
Yes, it has to be your BIOS...

I'm fairly sure on the first-time setup it says you can't get the files from a "friend" explicitly, too.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Simply put, you put the emulators authors at risk when you discuss piracy... That is why it's explicitly against the rules. It's the number one rule you agreed to when you registered your account, it's also in the list of rules before you even enter the forum AND in the rules thread at the top of the forum. You have no rational reason not to know this.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-20-2011, 01:27 PM)aaa801 Wrote: the bios has to be dumped off your console REALY
but since my ps2 had since been smashed to peices i had to use a 'friends' bios Tongue

just get to a professional and let him re construct it just for you to dump the BIOS then dump the PS2

now the real question if you throw away your PS2 ( NOT to a person to the trash can Tongue ) is the BIOS still be legal
Infraction incoming.......