Bios question
How do I know if a game needs a PAL or NTSC bios, when it is an iso file?

Sponsored links

PCSX2 is region free as long as the bios isn't corrupted it doesn't really matter which bios you have(through japanese v1 bios is different and not recommended).
Just use the bios that you got from your PS2, should work fine.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I see. So there is no bios problem, I'll just have to assume that my computer is not strong enough to run games for the PCSX2.

If only the PS3 had backward compatibility, I wouldn't need this emulator at all. My old PS2 can barely run anything now. I think I need to get a new PS2.
pc specs?
I'm not sure, but it can run SSE4.1 and pixel shader 3.0, so it should be very good.

I DID try only one game, through. Maybe my Lament of Innocence file is just corrupted or something, so it crashes, and it has nothing to do with my specs.
(08-06-2011, 08:16 PM)miseru99 Wrote: PCSX2 is region free as long as the bios isn't corrupted it doesn't really matter which bios you have(through japanese v1 bios is different and not recommended).

true to a point

Several later games will only (full)boot with the matching bios.

Quickboot has no issues in this regard.
(08-06-2011, 11:42 PM)asmodeus57 Wrote: I'm not sure, but it can run SSE4.1 and pixel shader 3.0, so it should be very good.

I DID try only one game, through. Maybe my Lament of Innocence file is just corrupted or something, so it crashes, and it has nothing to do with my specs.

I've tried running Final Fantasy X, a game with a much higher-quality graphics, and it didn't crash, so it's probably the game file itself. Good. That means I don't have to buy a new graphics card.