Black Screen
I've been running games perfectly up until now, so I don't think it has anything to do with my specs.

I start up pcsx2 and no matter what game I select or even if I run it no disc, I cannot get anything to show up, no sound, no browser/config screen, it's just a black screen.

I don't really understand this stuff, I pretty much just downloaded the emulator and started running stuff and it worked for me... so if you need more information could you tell me explicitly what you need to see and how to get it?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Please post your plugin configuration. Make sure the emulator is NOT installed under C:\Program Files x(86), this is paramount.

Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-17-2011, 09:44 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Please post your plugin configuration. Make sure the emulator is NOT installed under C:\Program Files x(86), this is paramount.

This only applies for those with "UAC" enabled. ive had it in C:\Program Files for as long as i can remember and im on Windows 7. Turn UAC off and your problems are over..
Plugins

And actually my pcsx2 is in that folder. Should I reinstall it in the other program files folder, and what do I do with my save files and such?

-edit-
figured out how to turn off UAC and restarted compy, no dice. Still getting Black screen
1: Windows Vista: Control Panel > User Accounts > "Turn off UAC"
2: Windows 7: Control Panel > User Accounts > "Change user account control settings" - Lower the slider to the very bottom.

Ive always hated UAC in my opinion its completely pointless asks you for just about every change you make to your computer that kinda thing is like malware and needs to be put down! lol
Your save files are in the "memcards" folder, you can try re-downloading or installing it to a different path, then copy and paste your older memcards folder over to your new installation.

Could you also upload a screenshot of this black screen your seeing? because the way you describe it, sounds like your entire gui is missing..
Yeah here
[Image: Blankscreen.png?t=1303074939]

It just persist like that if I take of the limiter its going like 110 fps
No Sound, No nothing

***Oh yeah and I just found that my PCSX2 folder in program files x86 is my 0.9.6. The one I'm using is in My Documents, so that's not the problem
Vuze downloads folder...

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64